Location:Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Area of InterestEngineer - Software
Please note this posting is to advertise potential job opportunities. This exact role may not be open today, but could open in the near future. When you apply, a Cisco representative may contact you directly if a relevant position opens.
This is an opportunity to work with outstanding software engineers to develop and support one of the world's leading security products. A successful candidate will join our team as part of the Cisco Secure Endpoint cloud platform, where we work closely with several other groups in a fast-paced, collaborative setting to deliver innovative features that protect our customers from ever-evolving threats.
Who You'll Work With
We are a small team within a larger whole, all working towards the shared goal of making our product outstanding. Our team works primarily on threat detection features in the product's web-based management console and cloud platform. Since this touches most of the rest of the product and its many integrations, we also regularly involve colleagues from adjacent cloud teams, endpoint teams, technical advisors and security experts, other Cisco product teams, as well as technical writers, customer support, usability designers, and data specialists.
Our team works hard, and we expect a lot from ourselves. We are flexible and accommodating in how we meet these expectations. We are diverse and inclusive, and value each others' life and technical experience and the different perspectives this brings to our work. We are based in Calgary, with teammates living throughout the world. We are all about remote and hybrid work.
We are committed to self-organization and regularly tune our process as we go.
What You'll Do
- Work with product and engineering teams to refine and clarify requirements and develop clear, well-tested solutions for new and existing features in our web application
- Balance sometimes conflicting demands and changing priorities against the need to deliver stable, maintainable code that moves the product forward, resolving uncertainty with good judgment and clear communication
- Deliver integrations with other products in the Cisco SecureX suite
- Communicate clearly and proactively within and across teams, anticipating and accommodating competing dependencies, working collaboratively to resolve issues early
- Work with and learn technologies in our evolving containerized Rails stack and assorted AWS services.
What does an ideal candidate look like?
- You are self-motivated and engaged.
- You enjoy collaborating in a team-based delivery environment. You value your achievements and the team's success.
- You face intractable problems with courage and curiosity.
- You care about design and how code communicates.
- Strong critical thinking skills
- Practical experience with web applications and web application frameworks
- Experience working closely across teams through the design and development process
- Experience with Ruby on Rails
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a relevant field
- Experience with security products
- Production experience with AWS
- Understanding of Agile methodologies
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!