1. Responsible for developing new platforms and platform capabilities for Next Generation Routing Platforms.
2. Work closely with developers and product management teams at various stages such as product starting from idea conceptualization till delivering it to customer.
3. Extremely motivated engineer and passionate about learning and contributing to the team and the business with "can do" attitude.
4. Develop large scale systems that run complex code in high bandwidth environments. Strong communication skills, teamwork and a confirmed ability to handle challenging high priority tasks.
5. Troubleshoot and resolve software defects in components that range from kernel modules to applications.
6. Work closely with a cross functional team and drive/collaborate with other technical leaders/software engineers on system/functional design and architecture of new features Write specification documents and review and sign off on requirements documents.
7. Dedication to Quality: Ability to ensure and commit to a higher standard of quality than usual in the face of time to market pressures
Who You'll Work With
You will work with the young , energetic & dynamic development team . You will also have to closely work with the TL's & PE's to define strategies for the further products. Cisco is changing the way we work, live, play, and learn.
Who You Are
1. BSEE/MSEE/CS with 1-3 years of experience in a software development.
2. Experienced with board Bring-up, writing and debugging device drivers.
3. Fluency in day-to-day Development & Designing (Architectural designing) on Linux OS environment. Deep understanding of Linux and network resource management.
4. Experience with CPU/Memory Management/IO and Virtualization technologies.
5. Strong OS fundamentals, data-path & understanding of performance/space tradeoffs on distributed platforms.
6. Strong Programming skills in C/C++, Python, and shell scripts.
7. Strong problem solving skills and debugging the failures to root cause
8. Should have a solid understanding of SW quality and processes.
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.) Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!