Area of InterestEngineer - Software
Technology InterestSoftware Development, Testing
Who You’ll Work With
As a member of the Managed Services Accelerator (MSX) team you’ll work with other talented and passionate engineers to deliver a cloud-native, multi-tenant, virtual networking service creation and delivery platform that helps service providers quickly, easily, and cost-effectively develop and deliver managed services to their business customers.
What You’ll Do
The IBNG MSX Engineering team will design, develop, and deploy transformational experiences leveraging Cloud Technologies for the Cloud Services market. This group within Cisco is tasked with building the solution from the ground up to transform the future of virtual services delivery.
- Develop and deliver features for the Provisioning, Service Monitoring and Assurance areas of the product.
- Develop and deliver features on time and with quality
- Experience with CI/CD systems and large scale deployment systems
- Contribute to work being done for Platform Scalability, Redundancy, High Availability
- Suggest improvements to product to make the application high performing.
- Work as part of a high performance team in a fast paced, high visibility environment on a top Cisco initiative
- Work closely with Development teams to help ensure end-to-end quality.
- Write and maintain infrastructure documentation.
Who You Are• Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills
• Strong written and verbal communication skills, strong presentation skills
• Self-starter who works well with others
• Work well in a fast-paced environment with short turnaround times
• BS or MS degree in Computer Science or related fields
• 12+ years of experience in software development producing high-quality, testable code
• 7+ years of experience in development of cloud-based enterprise applications - Scalable, Reliable, Available, Distributed
• 7+ years using web server-side languages Java EE, Spring, Spring Boot, Python, or Go
• 5+ years developing web microservices using common protocols - HTTP, REST, XML, JSON, GRPC, GraphQL
• 5+ years consuming and managing virtualization technology - Docker, Kubernetes, Openstack, VNF, SDN, AWS
• 5+ years using command line tools to perform basic adminstrative tasks - PowerShell, bash
• 2+ years successfully designing and shipping solutions to complex problems
• 2+ years leading a small team to successfully release incremental improvements to an released product
• 1+ years working in an Agile Scrum development environment - Rally, Jira
• Familiarity with the following technologies: Consul, Vault, ElasticSearch, Cassandra, Kafka, Redis, CockroachDB
• Familiarity with basic networking protocols
· Ottawa, Canada
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren’t afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.
We are thought leaders, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.
We Are Cisco.