Location:San Jose, California, US
Area of InterestEngineer - Software
Technology InterestCloud and Data Center, Software Development, Testing
What You'll Do
Be a part of Cisco's journey of Intent Based Networking, transforming the way people connect with technology. Exciting opportunity to contribute to world class products and solutions like Catalyst 9000 series for access/aggregation/distribution switches, Wireless LAN controllers, Enterprise Edge routers, Security, SDA, SDWAN, Cisco DNA Controller, vManage and Cisco DNA spaces.
Opportunity to Implement and Innovate in path breaking technologies - Wi-Fi 6, 5G, Enterprise Firewall, Web security, Cloud, massively scalable systems infrastructure software, High availability Systems, Redundancy, In Service Software Upgrades, SELinux, Software Hot Patching, Software Licensing, Open programmability, scalable and distributed transactional and graph databases, Deep Packet Inspection, Edge Analytics and more
- Work with product management and Architects to understand product requirements.
- Write requirement and design specs, unit test plans
- Design/Code/Test in a CI/CD environment
- Champion in automating unit tests
- Review documents and code written by rest of the team
- Uphold the highest standards of quality from documentation, coding and automated checks
- Excellent teammate with a high degree of integrity and passion who can work effectively both within the team and cross-functionally
Who You'll Work With
Cisco's IOS-XE team provides an industry leading operating system across Cisco's Enterprise Solution encompassing Switches, Routers, Wireless LAN Controller and IoT Controllers. We provide the infrastructure for running sophisticated networking solutions and highly scalable deployments across millions of nodes spread throughout the globe and tackle challenging problems for our customers. The software we are building will be used in millions of devices to build meaningful networks all over the world. You will be part of a phenomenal team of engineers with a diverse set of experiences and knowledge. This position offers a great opportunity for you to learn and for us to learn from you. We are revolutionizing the way network devices are managed. Come join us if you want to be a great teammate that agrees and get things done (so you still have time to pursue your life outside of work).
Who You Are
- You hold a BS or MS degree in Computer Science OR equivalent
- You have 3 to 6 years of industry experience
- You are an excellent programmer, and you know C, Python and Shell scripts
- You have solid understanding of Linux, Linux internal, Linux networking and SELinux
- You have In-depth understanding of programming concepts, OO methodologies, design patterns and systems programming
- Preferable if you have prior experience with developing software stack for Enterprise Switches/routers/wireless Lan controllers and IOT gateways
- Preferrable to have experience in one or more of these technology areas: Modern Compilers and code generation techniques, Software and licensing management of devices, Operating system and product security, Crypto, In Service Patching, High Availability, High Scalable Graph data bases, Distributed databases, Deep Packet Inspection, YANG Data Model development, Netconf/RestConf, Google RPC, Google Protocol buffers,
- You have strong passion and experience in troubleshooting, debugging complex systems and possess excellent problem-solving techniques
- You have a good understanding of programming concepts and systems programming
- You understand Test Driver Development practices and you champion unit test automation
- You have strong passion and experience in troubleshooting, debugging sophisticated systems and possess excellent problem-solving techniques
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!