Area of InterestEngineer - Software
Technology InterestSoftware Development, Testing
What you'll do
This position will be a part of the core engineering team within Cisco Engineering based in Stockholm. The team is responsible for the development of our market leading products, written mostly in Erlang, with parts in C:
- NSO: industry-leading software for automating services across traditional and virtualized networks.
- ConfD: a powerful management agent software framework for network elements, driving the industry adoption of NETCONF and YANG Network Configuration Protocol and data structure.
The position as a software engineer is expected to have good technical knowledge and to work both independently and within the team to solve complex tasks, implementing and troubleshooting in our core Erlang platform carrying out the below:
- Development and troubleshooting of core Erlang components
- Delivering high quality code that is both tested and testable
- Analyzing and solve complex problems as a part of a brilliant team
- Developing business-critical high availability systems
You will also:
- If interest exists, have the opportunity to give talks, presentations, and workshops
- Visit customer premises, national as well as international
- Help evolve and improve development tooling and CI/CD work
Who you'll work with
You will work within a team of experienced and passionate colleagues who are involved with the research and development of cutting-edge network automation technologies for our Global customers and Partners. Your colleagues around you will be experienced Erlang hackers, with many end users of their code. You will also be joining a team that was awarded No. 1 Great place to work 2019, and will be based out of our new modern office in Central Stockholm or small cozy office in central Skellefteå
Who you are
- Technically curious and open to learn new skills
- Master’s degree in Computer Science or the equivalent
- 3-5 years experience in Erlang or functional programming on a product or system in production
- Have a pragmatic mindset
- Preferably also experience from non-functional programming paradigms
- Comfortable working in a GNU/Linux environment
- Experience in working on a product or system in production
- Be comfortable around Makefiles, shell scripts, Python, C
- Experience from embedded systems, databases and distributed databases and network engineering
- Compiler and programming language knowledge and implementation experience
- NETCONF, RESTCONF, YANG
- The applicant should be able to work and communicate in English. Swedish is a plus but not required.
We Are Cisco
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference. Here’s how we do it.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (30 years strong!) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. An AI/Machine Learning company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, we give our egos a break and we give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, we take bold steps, and we take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a commitment to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool.