Lead Software Engineer - Java/J2ee, Python, Node JS, MEAN Stack, SAAS, Cloud Native, AWS, Microservices, Docker, Kubernetes (9+ Years)
Location:Bangalore, Karnataka, India
Area of InterestCustomer Experience
Technology InterestBig Data, Analytics
Who You Are
- A Senior Platform Engineer with day-to-day responsibility of working with Business CX Applications teams, Program managers and Leads to design, build and deliver platform capabilities. To do this the Engineer should have required technical skills, deep knowledge of the required area and ability to learn and adapt to the needs of program. With this in mind, an understanding of the right skills, process understanding, and mindset is vital.
- We are seeking high energy and experienced applicants who possess the following skills and experience:
- 8+ years of experience in working in complex environment building platform capabilities on cloud for deploying customer facing applications
- The individual should possess the Platform thinking as he/she would be part of the Platform development team that will be leveraged by CX applications.
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Critical thinking and big picture understanding of how platform should be built and maintained to enable applications scaling, security and resiliency
- Good Interpersonal Communication Skills and you are willing to work with remote team
- Flexible and adaptable: Ability to switch gears in various high-stress situations and apply themselves to quickly learning new technologies and adopting new methodologies.
- Accountability: You are a results-oriented teammate who leads by example, holds self-accountable for performance, takes complete ownership, and champions all aspects of customer and project initiatives.
- Efficient and Creative: You should be able to think creatively to find the optimal solution to problems.
- Always should be ready to learn new technology, tools and process
What you’ll do:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to a variety of technical and non-technical audiences is a requirement.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Experience working in a team environment with a documented software development process; within an Agile methodology like Scrum.
- Ambitious and hardworking individual who enjoys hard problems
- Should have the thirst for learning new technology
- Technically able to get things done while providing guidance to other team members
- Desired Skills
- Hands on experience on Java/j2ee, Spring, Python, Docker, Kubernetes, Microservices
- Hands on experience on Distributed technologies below
- Apache Spark
- MapReduce principles
- Kafka (MSK)
- ElasticSearch / MongoDB
- API GW
- Route53 DNS
- Good to have
- Python, GoLang, gRPC
- BigData technologies (Hadoop, Yarn, AWS EMR)
- Serverless technologies like AWS Lambda, Fargate, Stepfunctions
- AWS Cloudwatch, AppDynamics/Jaegar
Who you'll work with:
- The CX Platforms, part of the CX Engineering seeks a highly motivated Senior Platform Engineer to join some of the industry's brightest minds in developing the platform for all of the CX Applications that are being built and planned. You will work with the CX Applications and CX Operations team to make sure we build a platform that is resilient, can scale and is secure. This is a critical role that requires us to work with various other organizations outside of CX.
- #WeAreCisco, where each person is unrivaled, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference. Here’s how we do it.
- We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (30 years strong!) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. A blockchain company. An AI/Machine Learning company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
- But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
- Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, we give our egos a break and we give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, we take ambitious steps, and we take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a commitment to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
- So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool.