Senior Build and Release Engineer- ANT, Maven, Jenkins
Location:Bangalore, Karnataka, India
Area of InterestEngineer - Software
Technology InterestCloud and Data Center, Internet of Everything, Networking, Service Provider, Software Development, Testing
Who we are
DevX is the central tooling organization in the Core Software Group (CSG), responsible for the various SW development and test tools; customized for Cisco's engineering requirements and used in the developer's workflow. The core objective of the group is to improve engineering productivity and provide better user experience by modernizing the tools used by Cisco's dev and test community
What You’ll Do
You will be a part of a central team developing in-house solution for gathering real-time code coverage metrics on an embedded system. You will develop and sustain the solution across multiple product lines, various compiler flavors and OS’s; continuously exploring opportunity to further improve the solution with new functionality, approaches, or incorporating the latest developments in the industry.
You will work with some of the best engineers in the domain. You get to work with a team that is passionate about developing quality software and improving engineering productivity. You will engage with engineers across various product lines, identifying and evangelizing workflow improvements, assisting them with their workflow issues and problems.
Who you are
You are a passionate engineer having excellent grasp of OS concepts & compilers with a hands-on experience working in an embedded systems environment. You are passionate about developing quality software. You are eager & keep yourself updated on the best practices, tools & technologies in the industry. You enjoy working in a team environment & demonstrate a strong can-do attitude.
· Looking for 5 to 9 Years of experience with BE /BTech/ME or MTECH
· Expertise in scripting using Perl, Python with Unix/Linux
· Expertise in CI tools like Jenkins with prior experience in setting up CI/CD pipelines
· Good understanding of the Build & Release Operations and well versed with Make/Gmake/parallel builds.
· Hands on experience on complex debugging and problem-solving skills
· Strong understanding of the compilation aspects with ability to work independently
· Experience in enterprise embedded systems
· Excellent verbal & written communication skills
Your responsibilities include:
- Design and develop new software product features.
- Contribute innovative ideas for multiple module architecture.
- Define product internal/external interfaces.
- Develop complex, multiple modules of code independently.
- Write complete functional and design specs independently.
- Interface with other functional groups, evaluate and recommend tools.
We Are Cisco
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference. Here's how we do it.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we're "old" (30 years strong!) and only about hardware, but we're also a software company. And a security company. An AI/Machine Learning company.
But "Digital Transformation" is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, we give our egos a break and we give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) Because without diversity of thought and a commitment to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don't care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That's cool.