Software Engineer (C++)
Area of InterestEngineer - Software
Technology InterestCollaboration, Video, Software Development, Testing
Who You'll Work With
When you work with us, you’ll be part of a highly empowered collaborative team who's passionate about the successful development of Cisco’s Collaboration portfolio.
As a Software Engineer, you will:
- Design, develop and maintain areas of our Mac, Windows, Android or iOS codebase in C/C++, Java or Objective C.
- Integrate third-party APIs from various platform vendors (Google, Apple, etc)
- Collaborate with the product team to plan and build new features.
- Work with software support to debug software issues and identify the root cause.
You are the ideal candidate if:
- You have 5+ years of experience professionally developing production software using C++
- You have a solid understanding of software engineering practices and OOP.
- You have experience with multi-threading and low-level socket communication
- You have excellent communication skills in English.
- You have experience with agile methodologies for software development.
- You aren’t afraid of rolling your sleeves up and working in all layers of the stack.
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in Computer Science or a related field. Two additional years of related professional experience can substitute college degree.
- Experience of Mobile or Desktop app development experience
- Experience with Jira, Confluence
- Experience with test automation
- You have experience shipping one or more mobile apps that are currently available on the Google Play Store and/or Apple Store (please provide links when applying).
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference. Here’s how we do it.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (30 years strong!) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. A blockchain company. An AI/Machine Learning company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, and we give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, we take bold steps, and we take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a commitment to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool.