Location:Milpitas, California, US
Area of InterestEngineer - Software
Technology InterestInternet of Everything, Software Development, Testing
What You'll Do
Join the ENG IOT group as a Software Technical Lead.
In this role you will participate on a project team of engineers involved in the development of industrial routers based on IOS-XE.
You have programming experience in Linux environment, worked with platform development, have working knowledge of BIOS and Bootloader, have knowledge of layer 2/layer 3 networking protocol and features. You can develop large portions of software independently and rapidly with a focus on quality. You can integrate and tackle problems at the component level as well as system level issues.
You have hands-on development experience. You're able to make system level design decisions and trade-off.
- Develop bootloader and perform bring up for x86 and ARM based devices
- Develop embedded software for routers within IOS-XE
- Design and implement Linux drivers in Kernel and user space for WAN/LAN network interfaces
- Deep understanding of Linux feature package to optimize image size
- Collaborate with the Documentation team to ensure high quality of end-user documents
- Perform job duties involving knowledge of standard networking theories, concepts, and techniques and application to product development and related disciplines
- Contribute to system level architecture design and write functional and detailed design specifications
- Work with other functional teams such as HW, documentation, field support to ensure product and customer success
- Participate and lead design reviews of SW and platform design by the team. Ability to energize and mentor junior team members of the team to achieve work you're doing
- Assess competitive products and evolving technologies and apply this knowledge to product roadmap development
Who You'll Work With
The Enterprise IOT group in Cisco is the industry leader in enterprise networking with a consistent record in building creative virtualization solutions for Enterprise equipment.
Who You Are
- You have MSEE/CS combined 10+ years of related experience, or BSEE/CS combined with 12+ yrs related experience
- Solid C/C++ software development experience, preferably in Linux or RTOS, delivering multiple successful products to market
- Experience with BIOS and UEFI bootloader is a strong plus
- Proven knowledge of Embedded development environment required
- Experience with switch and router software development methodology
- Solid experience in developing software drivers and infrastructure framework for Linux operating system.
- Hands on experience with developing security solutions and strategies for lightweight low-end platforms.
- High technical competence, and proven track record for high quality and on time product delivery
- Translate BU level goals into your own and team work assignments
- Proficiency with software test and debugging environment
- Ability to collaborate with other disciplines including HW engineers
- You have demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals in a creative and exciting environment
- Ability to stay in sync with key customer requirements and deliver products to meet the requirements, making appropriate trade-offs
- Self-motivated, strong sense of ownership, great teammate
- You can handle multiple tasks at once and work independently with minimal managerial mentorship.
- Be open to continuous learning and committed to ongoing self-improvement.
- You'll initiate and participate in interpersonal efforts to improve overall group productivity and test effectiveness. You'll chip in to overall test strategies
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who are ready to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.
We are leaders with vision, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.
We Are Cisco.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.