Software Engineer in Test
Location:Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Area of InterestEngineer - Hardware
Technology InterestSecurity, Software Development, Testing
Who You'll Work With
The Cisco AMP engineering team is composed of highly skilled individuals who are comfortable working in a dynamic and technically challenging environment. The AMP team is a highly performance group that are involved with all stages of the product development process from solving complex engineering problems to working directly with customers.
What You'll Do
This is an exciting opportunity to work with the Cisco AMP engineering group based in Calgary to assure quality for the Advanced Malware Protection platform. The hired employee will be responsible for testing on Windows, Linux, and Mac platforms as well as operating within a cloud architecture in both a manual and automated fashion. Furthermore, that person will be required to read technical documents, create test cases/test plans, contribute to overall design, and perform other tasks to improve software quality.
Who You Are
Senior Linux Software Engineer in Test
You will actively utility your Linux domain knowledge and automation skills to identify compatibility issues between AMP for Endpoints Connector and existing technologies. Also, you will promptly reproduce, resolve customer issues and provide patched releases to customers.
- Triage customer issues
- Develop test and automation scripts to test for combability issues
- Conduct acceptance test on product releases
- Work with a team of highly engaged engineers to improve the quality of our product and process
Qualification and Skills
- 4+ years’ working experience in Linux Operating Systems
- 2+ years’ software testing experience in Linux Operating Systems
- 2+ years’ software/test automation development experience in Objected Oriented Programming Languages
Nice to have:
- Experience as a technical lead
- Experience in working in an agile environment
- Experience on iOS testing
- Experience of working in the computer security industry
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren't afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.
We are thought leaders, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status
We Are Cisco.