Software Engineer, iOS (Mobile) - Duo Security
Location:Detroit, Michigan, US
Area of InterestEngineer - Software
Duo Security, now a part of Cisco, is the leading provider of Trusted Access security and multi-factor authentication delivered through the cloud.
Duo’s mission is to make security simple for everyone. We were born from a hacker ethos and a desire to make the Internet a secure place. We believe in empowering people to follow their passions inside and outside of the office and enable every employee to bring their whole self to work.
Our team is our secret weapon. We run the spectrum from artists to analysts, low-key to high energy, and bring together a diversity of skill sets, experiences, and perspectives to solve what we consider to be the world's most pressing geopolitical challenge — transforming the security industry as we know it. Together we build solutions that are easy, effective, trustworthy, and enduring. And that’s why we are the most loved and trusted company in security.
Let’s build together...
Our app is actively used by over 4 million people and each month we process well over 100 million push notifications to protect access to their accounts and services. Today, the majority of our customers and end-users are here in America where Duo started. Our biggest initiative this year centers around taking an elegant multi-factor authentication solution global to make breaches a thing of the past. We want you to join our team and help us secure the internet while growing our user experience and brand to solve problems for new markets, customers, and people.
As an iOS engineer on the mobile team you’ll bring your native development skills in Swift and Objective-C to help us protect people from harmful breaches and data loss. Our problem to solve is access and inclusion to ensure effective security for all. We are a product company that takes a pragmatic approach to what we do. You will work alongside a group of talented and dedicated engineers and designers who take a human-centered approach to development at all phases of the software development lifecycle.
We value ownership, empower autonomous thinking, and emphasize software craftsmanship. We live our values through a development culture of openness and collaboration. We prioritize team success highest and tend to swarm on sprint work to meet our shared goals.
● You’re passionate about cybersecurity and solving real problems for real people
● 3+ years professional software engineering experience and a history of shipping native iOS Apps.
● You can leverage both Swift and Objective-C effectively to write performant, maintainable code using core iOS SDKs and understand Apple’s Human Interface Guide.
● You value automated testing as much as writing expressive clean code.
● Experience with established tools like Gitlab, CocoaPods, fastlane, and Firebase
● Bonus Points for any of the following: WCAG and ADA compliance, Advanced skills with UI/Layout/Animations, Keychain APIs and Data persistence, Testable app architectures and approaches like MVVM, expertise in security, authentication, cryptography, or advanced networking orchestration.
Even better if…
● You want to continue to hone and develop your skills in a successful product development organization
● You value inclusion and make it a priority to create accessible application experiences that work for everyone
If this role is exciting to you, we encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet all 100% of the description or qualifications. Passion over perfection.
Duo is committed to cultivating and preserving a culture of inclusion and connectedness. We are able to grow and learn better together with a diverse team of employees. The collective sum of the individual differences, life experiences, knowledge, innovation, self-expression, and talent that our employees invest in their work represents not only part of our culture, but our reputation and Duo’s achievement as well. In recruiting for our team, we welcome the unique contributions that all potential candidates can bring in terms of their education, opinions, culture, ethnicity, race, gender identity and expression, nationality, age, languages spoken, veteran’s status, religion, disability, sexual orientation and beliefs.
Finally and most importantly, we are a proud Equal Opportunity Employer.