Software Engineer for Windows Qt/Qml/C++ Development - 5+ years experience
Area of InterestCollaboration
Technology InterestCollaboration, Video
Software Engineer for Windows Qt/Qml/C++ Development
Cisco Webex is the World's #1 business collaboration and customer engagement platform. It is used across all industries in the world being used to support governments, business, education, and more including use by 85% of Fortune 500 business. Cisco is the clear market leader in cognitive collaboration for unified communication and contact centers with People Insights, Webex Assistant, Webex Experience Management and now BabbleLabs noise cancelation. These technologies are being integrated into Webex calling, meetings, messaging, team collaboration and contact center.
Webex is built on a very modern SaaS platform with a strong culture of DevOps that operates worldwide with engineers in locations such as the US, EU, China, and India. The platform is used by 100s of millions of people around the world, and we’re looking to build a team that can expand its reach to other powerful use cases that developers can integrate into their applications and services.
The Webex team is looking for a strong software engineer to craft and architect our next generation collaboration technologies. We are looking for a passionate leader in user experience, infrastructure, and/or modern tools supporting applications for desktop and mobile. In this role, you will contribute in design and development of new product features, product releases and quality for our industry leading Webex applications that are used by millions every day to keep the world connected.
As a Software Engineer at Webex, you will help us scale for our continued growth as a game-changing, industry-defining company shaping the future of work. You will be working to keep our software technology aligned with the business’s strategic vision and will work across multiple engineering teams to ensure the development of maintainable and scalable products.
Who You’ll Work With
You will work directly with Technical Leaders, Principal Engineers and Product Managers leading platform specific native development for solutions across all Webex products. You will work with a 15+ members engineering team to plan, lead and execute technical challenges relating to native frontend development. You will lead development teams to collaboratively design solutions. You will work in an entirely distributed company and help define an entirely new space while learning about how an organization scales on a hyper-growth trajectory.
- Design and build features in Webex for Windows platform using Qt, Qml, C++
- Lead the design and implementation for frontend topics, experiment with new technologies, provide recommendations to ensure performance, quality, and responsiveness of applications
- Collaborate with a team to define, design, and ship new features
- Identify and correct bottlenecks and fix bugs
- Make software design (application-level) decisions with the team, take software architecture topics for further consideration and unification.
- Lead implementation of technical and infrastructure initiatives to support architecture decisions.
- Detail out and refine higher-level architecture decisions into a lower-level design.
- Ensure coding standards and architecture guidelines are followed by team
- Ensure technical knowledge sharing between development teams on related or similar projects.
- Proactively identify technical debt and product areas that require attention or improvement at the architecture level.
- Constantly develop yourself and the team in technology advancements, research new approaches, tools and best practices in the software architecture and design space.
- Suggest improvements to our technology stack to optimize it for strategic growth and the competitive advantage of Webex.
- 5+ years experience in C++
- 5+ years expertise in Windows development using Qt, Qml and C++
- In-depth understanding of front architectures such as MV-VM for large codebase
- Solid OOPS concepts and ability to represent high-level architecture as well a implementation design using sequence diagrams, etc.
- Exposure to designing frameworks for third-party integrations a huge plus
- Exposure to various Auth scenarios – OAuth, JWT, certificate based, PKCE, etc.
- Exposure to embedded browsers such as Webview2, CEF a plus
- Exposure to native frontend development using shared C++ a huge plus
- Professional in building automated test cases and ensure maximum code coverage
- Specialist in performance testing and optimization for space, memory, and speed
- Experience building VoIP calling, video, and real-time applications a plus
- Native and popular 3rd party SDK usage and feature familiarity
- Experience in distributing, code-signing, evaluating and supporting apps on test flight or similar platforms
At Cisco, each person brings their unique talents to work as a team and make a difference. Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
- We connect everything – people, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
- We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Smart Cities to your everyday devices.
- We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
Colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Be you, with us! #WeAreCisco