Software Engineer, Webex
Location:Spring, Texas, US
Area of InterestWebex (Collaboration)
Technology InterestCloud and Data Center, Software Development, Testing, Webex (Collaboration)
The successful applicant will be performing work in FedRAMP High or IL-5 environments, and therefore, must be a U.S. Person (i.e., U.S. citizen, U.S. national, lawful permanent resident, asylee, or refugee). This position may also perform work that the U.S. government has specified can only be performed by a U.S. citizen on U.S. soil.
The Cisco WebEx Team is transforming how people communicate globally and driving productivity to unprecedented levels through enhanced user experience and cloud-enabled workflows. We are seeking a technical leader to coordinate the efforts of a global team of engineers, developers, architects on the various layers of the infrastructure for our WebEx applications.
Who You'll Work With
When you work with us, you will be part of an empowered team that is helping change the way people collaborate. Our software developers, user experience designers, and product owners are building customer-focused management products for the next-generation Cisco Cloud Calling portfolio
What You'll Do
We are looking for software engineers from diverse backgrounds who grow with delivering enterprise-grade cloud software. You will work with multi-functional teams to deliver key capabilities that will unlock large deployments of Cisco's Cloud Calling services across many Fortune 500 companies. This is an ideal opportunity for someone with strong technical skills to put their abilities to work in an exciting and nurturing growth environment
Who You Are
- Minimum of 2 years professional Java software development experience with Java/J2E/JEE design patterns, data structures, and multi-threading
- Thorough knowledge of Object-Oriented Analysis & Design concepts and SQL and/or NoSQL DB technologies
- Experience with Continuous Integration/Deployment using Git, Jenkins, and similar CI/CD technologies, and with automated testing with TestNG/JUnit.
- Ability to adapt and potentially learn new and complex development environments with extensive analytical skills
- You possess a BS/MS in Computer Science, similar technical field of study, or equivalent significant experience
Desired experience for this role includes
- Familiarity with newer Java features such as lambdas and streams
- Understanding and hands-on experience with REST/JAX-RS Web Services using JSON
- Docker or another container strategy
- Familiarity with AWS configuration and application deployment
- Working knowledge of security practices for cloud and web apps
Who we are
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!