Software Engineer - Transmission
Location:Milpitas, California, US
Area of InterestEngineer - Software
Technology InterestCollaboration, Video
What You'll Do
As a media transmission engineer, you will participant in the research and development of Cisco WebEx video conference and Cisco next generation collaboration product. You will have the opportunity to work with an excellent team of scientists and engineers to research and develop media transmission technology. You will be responsible for:
- Improve audio, video and sharing quality in complex network environment
- Research better media adaption and resilience algorithm
- Learn popular congestion control algorithm and network transmission protocol, leverage them to improve Webex media quality.
- Understand network pattern on production and leverage machine learning technology to improve media adaption and resilience algorithm.
Who You Are
- Proficient in C/C++.
- Proficient in network protocol, include but not limit to IP/TCP/UDP
- Proficient in media transmission technology
- Good communication skills and technical leadership
- Experience in audio and video processing algorithm and codec
- Experience in deep learning and neural network
- Experience in WebRTC
- PhD or Master in computer science, software, communication, signal processing, image processing or mathematics science.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!