Software Engineer/Technician - WLAN
Area of InterestEngineer - Software
Technology InterestNetworking, Wireless, Mobility
Wireless Networking Group (WNG) is the industry leader in enterprise WLAN with a proven track record in building innovative wireless solutions. You will be part of WNG team that is known for innovation and won multiple pioneer awards through years.
As an engineer in this team, you will be developing and supporting software that breathes life into Cisco's Aironet and Catalyst Access Points product line.
In this role,
- You will have the opportunity to work across teams to craft systems that tackle complex problems for our customers.
- Participate on a project team of engineers involved in the development and maintenance of software for our access wireless products and architectures. Both sustaining and development of new features for Access points and Wireless solutions
- Day to day activities will involve sustaining, building new features, improving debuggability, writing functional and design specifications, unit and integration testing code, helping review specifications and code from other software engineers in the team, performing lab work duties of setting up development and testing environment
- Basic programming skills in popular programming language such as C, C++, Java
- Basic understanding of network protocol such as TCP/IP
- Knowledge of Linux and experience of using Linux
- Beginner skills of shell scripting
- Motivated at learning embedded software development and Wi-Fi technology
- Good hands-on capability with technology equipment
- Bachelor’s Degree in science or engineering discipline
- Handle multiple tasks at once and work independently
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills. This role requires the ability to work across departments and with other teams
- Continuous learning and committed to ongoing self-improvement.