Software Engineer - Technical Leader
Alternate LocationMelbourne, Australia
Area of InterestCustomer Experience
Technology InterestCloud and Data Center
What You’ll Do
The CX Delivery Engineer role is a highly critical, strategic advisor and technical specialist that engages with customers to accelerate their adoption of Cisco products & solutions that transform their business and drive business outcomes. The role resides within the Cisco Customer Experience (CX) organization, one of Cisco’s fastest growing teams.
This role will give you
- Ability to demonstrate thought leadership in solving customer problems and achieving their business outcome
- A production of architectural design and implement large scale software projects for orchestrating and automating network configurations, both hosted in local data centres and in cloud
- Ability to act as the technical specialist for the most sophisticated deployments.
- Ability to perform as a technical team leader.
- Exposure to highest-level crisis management.
- Identification of skills and business shortfalls and establish programs to address them.
- A proactive collaboration with other CX Consulting Engineers (NCE’s) to ensure efficient use of resources to meet customer needs.
Who You’ll Work With
The Software Consulting Engineer will build deep relationships with customers, partners, and the extended Cisco account team in achieving their goals.
- Participate in setting the overall vision and strategic success plan for their customer
- Understand the customer business goals, environment, pain points and operational maturity
- Demonstrate Software and Cloud skills for Enterprise and Service Provider Networking domains
- Specialization and expertise to identify risk areas and proactively lead adoption to eliminate them
- Handle customer expectations
- Influence customers to make tactical and strategic deployment decisions to achieve their business outcomes and improve Cisco product adoption
- Provide detailed and documented requirements to multi-functional teams that improve the impact of the customer experience
- Accelerate Cisco’s transformation to a software and services company
- Influence team members in embracing best practices in software development
Who You Are
Ability to work independently as well as demonstrating full team and cross functional resources to ensure successful customer experience at each interaction.
A customer-centric approach with a strong grasp of relevant success stories, customer metrics, and best practices to drive outstanding outcomes
Builds, reviews and approves project deliverables e.g., Design recommendations, High Level Designs, Low Level Designs, Implementation/Change Management Plans
Build and demonstrate test environments as required to resolve highly sophisticated problems and compatibility issues
Demonstrate software skills and tools to configure, deploy and/or troubleshoot Cisco products and solutions.
Contribute in the development of digital intellectual capital (e.g. scripts, digital signatures, source code)
Act as a focal point for problem resolution for assigned customer engagements.
Assure proper and rapid resolution of sophisticated customer problems across a broad range of technologies
Strong Software engineering experience, 5 years or more with strong skills in Java, Java Script, Node JS, Python with experience of unit testing
Validated knowledge of Cloud technologies, e.g., AWS, Google Cloud, MS Azure. Having Cloud Certifications are encouraged
Experience working in Agile teams using DevOps and CI/CD toolset.
Strong background in Solution Architecture and API design with e.g., OpenAPI/Swagger, integration principles and patterns
Knowledge of key frameworks, platforms, technologies and protocols for Software Orchestration and Automation of Network configurations a plus. E.g., Cisco NSO, Ansible
Ability to influence through persuasion, negotiation, and consensus building
A passion for delivering the best for our customers
Shown desire for continuous learning and improvement
Familiar working with multi-functional teams in sophisticated organisations
If you are looking for hands-on involvement in crafting the future direction of Cisco and Customer Experience, we have a place for you.
WE ARE CISCO
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference. Here’s how we do it.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (30 years strong!) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. A blockchain company. An AI/Machine Learning company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, we give our egos a break, and we give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, we take bold steps, and we take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool