Software Engineer Solution Quality Assurance (Cloud) - Python Automation, CI/CD - Jenkins
Area of InterestCollaboration
Technology InterestCollaboration, Video
Have you ever had a poor customer experience and thought of a million ways in which it could be improved? Have you ever empathized with those whose job it is to deliver customer experience and imagined how, if properly empowered and motivated, the overall service delivery experience could be better? If so, we want to talk.
In the Cisco Contact Center group, we are passionate about delivering amazing experiences to both customers and employees. We believe software can truly change the world and how it gives and receives customer service and it is our mission to be the leader in this space. To enable this vision, we are looking for passionate, smart, and motivated Quality Assurance Engineer to join our Solution Quality Assurance team
As a Solution Quality Assurance Engineer, you will
- Develop and automate functional, robustness and performance end-to-end tests
- Review and evaluate designs and project activities for compliance with quality assurance guidelines, standards and certification; provides tangible feedback to improve product quality and mitigate failure risk
- Define solutions, provide estimates on effort and risk, and evaluate technical feasibility
- Mentor and train a team of Software and Automation engineers responsible for white box and manual solution validation
- Partner with Product Management, Engineering Leadership, Solution Assurance, SRE.
In this role, you will work with:
- Product Managers to know our customers and partners so that you can deliver solutions that meet their needs and wants.
- Engineering Managers who will enable you to focus on doing what you love: delivering great software; they will also be your coach and guide on this exciting stage of your career journey.
- Technical Architects who will play a hands-on role in helping you design, develop, and operate with standard methodologies, patterns the industry has to offer.
- Customer Success and Technical Assistance teams to support customer issues with top priority.
To get this job, you will need:
- A MS degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience in a field utilizing the same subject matter
- 4-14years of experience developing functional and end-to-end tests.
- Track record in developing highly maintainable functional and end-to-end tests for microservices architectures
- Strong Python skills
- Proficiency in CI/CD Pipelines such as Jenkins
- Capacity to develop modular and maintainable test harnesses
- Cloud software development, preferably with Cisco Collaboration and Contact Center technologies
- Proficiency in Java and/or Scala programming languages preferable
- A passion for quality and an attention to detail
- Knowledge of Test Frameworks
- Knowledge and/or work experience in certification
- Ability to think and operate as a team player
- Extremely strong interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal)
- Ability to learn complex technologies quickly, work in a fast-paced, team-driven environment
- Skills to multi-task, manage details and keep sight of overall objectives
- Proficiency in security testing is an added advantage.
- Experience with a few of the below technologies is highly preferred: Jenkins, MySQL, Postgres, MongoDB, Bugzilla, JIRA, Git, Apache, Nginx, TestRail, Splunk, Azure, AWS
Why Cisco We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren’t afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.
We are thought leaders, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.
We Are Cisco. #WeAreCisco