Software Engineer - Software Defined Networking
Location:Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Area of InterestEngineer - Software
Cisco is the worldwide leader in networking that transforms how people connect, communicate, and collaborate. Since 1984, Cisco has led in the innovation of IP-based networking technologies such as routing, switching, security, unified communications, video, and wireless. Our responsible business practices help ensure business sustainability and environmentally conscious operations and products.
Cisco is a $40 Billion dollar global leader in supplying leading edge, best-in-class networking products driving today's Internet. The company is ranked as one of the world's best employers and spends over $5 Billion dollars a year invested in R&D. Cisco is a great place to grow your career.
Who You'll Work With
Central Software Group (CSG) seeks an experienced Engineer to deliver software solutions for our Service-Provider/ DataCenter/Enterprise products. This is an excellent opportunity to participate in development of flexible software in CSG for the next generation networking product’s.
What You'll Do
Participate on a project team of engineers involved in development of protocols for Cisco products. Requires use of a strong background in SW design, documentation and implementation, on projects that may include any of the following list of responsibilities:
- Work closely with other SW and HW Engineers to develop and support protocols
- Go through SW life cycle by designing, coding and testing the code developed.
- Develop unit and integration test plan and execute and automate it.
- Able to access HW and execute test cases there
- Ability to apply advanced networking principles, theories and concepts.
- Work with test team and provide support to test activities like automation.
Who You Are
- Ability to solve complex problems involving multiple products.
- Ability to effectively present technological concepts to a wide audience.
- Exercises good judgement determining how to best achieve technical objectives of assignment.
- Creative problem solving skills and excellent troubleshooting/debugging skills
- Excellent teamwork and people skills
- Programming experience (C, C++ ), script languages (Perl, Python)
- Familiarity with Unix/Linux
- Experience working on embedded systems
- Experience using RTOS (ex: QNX, VxWorks)
- Understanding of networking fundamentals and protocols (ex: TCP/IP, OSPF, BGP, MPLS)
Master’s degree or Bsc with 2+ years of experience in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or related major
The Internet of Everything is a phenomenon driving new opportunities for Cisco and it's transforming our customers' businesses worldwide. We are pioneers and have been since the early days of connectivity. Today, we are building teams that are expanding our technology solutions in the mobile, cloud, security, IT, and big data spaces, including software and consulting services. As Cisco delivers the network that powers the Internet, we are connecting the unconnected. Imagine creating unprecedented disruption. Your revolutionary ideas will impact everything from retail, healthcare, and entertainment, to public and private sectors, and far beyond. Collaborate with like-minded innovators in a fun and flexible culture that has earned Cisco global recognition as a Great Place To Work. With roughly 10 billion connected things in the world now and over 50 billion estimated in the future, your career has exponential possibilities at Cisco