Software Engineer - SRE - Cloud Security
Location:San Jose, California, US
Area of InterestEngineer - Software
The Business Entity
We’re an agile, fun, passionate upstart culture within Cisco—balancing teamwork and integration with autonomy and innovation—to deliver the most effective solution to our customers’ problems. The unique mix of our disruptive approach to security and Cisco’s industry dominance exceeds what any other security startup could ever achieve on its own.
Who You'll Work With
You will join a dynamic, multi-talented Engineering team where new features are deployed to customers multiple times a week. We are Umbrella's Web Security team and our mission is to improve the underlying technologies and the UI that drives Umbrella Security. We work on features big and small in order to build the best security solution in the world. This team does it all, so you'll never be bored, and you'll constantly be learning new technologies.
Who You Are
You're a Software Engineer who enjoys wearing many hats, a self-starter who’s willing to jump headfirst into the codebase and start improving it immediately.
What You'll Do
- Work on best of breed Cloud Security Solutions that provide comprehensive security to enterprises
- Build highly scalable Cloud Microservice solutions that secure a high volume of web traffic
- Bring a mindset of developing simple solutions to complex problems.
- Define, architect, design, and deliver new software features for Web gateway.
- Write functional and design specs. Conduct and participate in peer code and design reviews.
- Collaborate with the adjacent software teams in defining the programming interfaces into the various other software modules.
- Relish a build it, operate it, secure it culture.
Our minimum requirements for this role:
- MSCS with 3+ years of development experience or BSCS with 5+ years of development experience in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or related major
- Experience in tunneling protocols like GRE/IPSEC/TLS, Overlay Technologies and Virtualization
- Experience in Web Gateway products, web proxy, Web Security domain
- Solid understanding of network protocols like TCP/IP, UDP, HTTP, HTTPS, DNS
- Experience in designing, implementing, and supporting large-scale transaction systems
- Proven Python, GoLang, Java, C or C++ skills
- In-depth knowledge of object-oriented concepts, programming, and systems design
- Understanding of various design patterns and Microservice Architecture
- Strong foundation in data structures, algorithms and software design
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- Experience in an Agile environment
- Well versed with Web proxy - NGINX is a plus
- Understanding of HTTP service behaviours
- Cloud Development Environments: AWS, Google Cloud, Microsoft Azure
- Continuous Integration/Delivery tools (Jenkins, Docker, Chef, Ansible)
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!