Switching BU Escalation Engineer
Location:Milpitas, California, US
Area of InterestEngineer - Software
Technology InterestCloud and Data Center
TITLE: Switching BU Escalation Engineer
What You'll Do
Your role will be Switching Business Unit Escalation Engineer. This is a highly technical team with the ability to solve critical issues, manage customer communication and virtual teams. You’ll balance hard technical skills with the soft skills required to quickly drive customer issues to closure. End to end ownership to resolve customer escalations and help drive improvements in product quality by sharing the field learning's with engineering teams. It’s a very dynamic role which requires engaging with Sales/account teams, Marketing, Development and test teams.
Who You'll Work With
The Switching Escalation team is part of the Enterprise Switching Engineering Group in Cisco and manages overall customer experience for our flagship products & solutions in the enterprise space. Enterprise Switching is on the cusp of major transition with launch of next generation Catalyst 9000 Switching Family to support intent-based networking. This is an exciting time to be part of this major transition in enterprise switching business.
Who You Are
You are motivated, driven and a teammate. You'll be willing to learn and be passionate about working on a wide range of product areas. You work well independently and as part of a team. Strong communication skills are meaningful.
In this highly visible role the expectations are:
Provide World class support to our 1M+ customers
Build Solid ecosystem with TAC/AS/DE/DT/Sales teams
Shape the future Cisco Switching product development
Work on improving product quality by sharing field learnings with Engineering teams
Experience & Education:
Bachelor degree in CS or EE plus 4-8 years related experience, or a MS EE/CS combined with 3-6 years of related experience.
Soft Skills :
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills, Teamwork and interpersonal skills
- Representing Team in broader forum - Demos, Presentations etc
- Independent, Can-do Attitude and Thrive to Completion is a must
- Strong Logical Reasoning and Analytical Capabilities
- Very good customer interaction skills
- Excellent network troubleshooting skills
- Ability to multi-task, and work under pressure.
- Interact with various functions and teams of the product, including Development/Marketing/Sales/Accounts teams.
- DHCP, DNS, NAT, SSH, IPv4/IPv6, Routing, Wireless
- IPv4/v6, MPLS, BGP, OSPF, Multicast
- Ethernet: GE, 802.1q VLANs, 802.1ad (QinQ)
- L2: CDP, UDLD, LLDP, DTP, L2TP, Etherchannels, IGMP/MLD snooping, REP
- L3: VRF, OSPF, ISIS, EIGRP, BGP, VRF Aware Services , HSRP, v4 mcast, mcast routing, stub routing, SSM, PIM Bidir, DHCPv6,IPv6 Tunneling , HSRPv2 for IPv6
Switch/Router Platform Infrastructure:
- L2/L3 Forwarding Infrastructure
- L2-L3 Apps (L2 protocols such as STP, HDLC, PPP, ARP, HSRP/VRRP, CDP)
- Scripting : TCL/TK, PERL, Python & C/C++ debugging skills
WE ARE CISCO
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference. Here’s how we do it.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (30 years strong!) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. A blockchain company. An AI/Machine Learning company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, we give our egos a break and we give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, we take bold steps, and we take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a commitment to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool.