Location:Milpitas, California, US
Area of InterestEngineer - Software
Technology InterestCloud and Data Center
What You'll Do
Your role will be Software Engineer and you will be part of world-class engineering team that works on various groundbreaking technologies in Enterprise routing, VNF, and SDWAN platforms.
- Extremely motivated, passionate about learning and contributing to the team and the business with "can do" attitude
- An expert Embedded System Software Engineer, who will be responsible for software development and maintenance of embedded system and associated infrastructure.
- Strong programming skills, which involves software design, development, porting and patching, kernel and user space drivers.
- Experience with embedded system environments and internals of real time operating systems.
Participate on a project team with a group of engineers involved in the fast-paced development of a next generation platform software for Cisco Access Routing Platform. Specific responsibilities will include software design and development for core platform components, drivers, and other kernel level capabilities for the next generation platforms.
Who You'll Work With
Routing & VNF platform team in Cisco’s Enterprise Routing Group.
Would you like to challenge yourself in driving a key technology transition in the Routing Industry while working the market leader? Do you love spearheading innovation through personal initiative? Would it excite you to be part of a highly motivated best of breed engineering team who is redefining and refreshing the software portfolio for Enterprise Routing. The team is one of the most successful businesses within Cisco. The Integrated Services Router is an extremely successful platform that has over 85% market share. The ENCS family of server based appliances and the Cloud Services Routers continues that rich tradition in the Virtualized services market. If you want to get exposure to a wide variety of hardware platforms and Virtualization technologies, this is the right group to join. You will also work with services teams such as Security, Wan Optimization, and Voice.
Who You Are
- Typically requires MS or BS combined with 3+ years of related experience
- Hands-on experience in embedded Linux development including Linux kernel driver, multi-thread user application
- Experienced in Real Time Operating System
- Strong C, python and assembly (x86/ARM/MIPS) programming experience
- Familiar with microprocessor architecture – PPC/MIPS/ARM/x86
- Experience in real time embedded system debugging tools – JTAG, ICE
- Good understanding of various networking protocols and standards
Strong passion and experience in troubleshooting, debugging complex systems and possess excellent problem-solving techniques
- Work with teams to come up with design spec and other documentations
Strong verbal and written interpersonal skills, with the ability to work multi-functionally
- You're passionate about quality practices – automated unit testing, code reviews, code coverage, and early detection methods
- Self-motivated, strong sense of ownership, good teammate
- You are able to handle multiple tasks at once and work independently with minimal managerial mentorship.
- Have experience in customer deployments
- Open to continuous learning and committed to on-going self-improvement
- Initiate and participate in interpersonal efforts to improve overall group productivity and up-front SW quality control
- We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking aggressive risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with rare personalities who aren’t afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.
- We are leaders with vision, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.
We Are Cisco.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.