Software Engineer – Quality and Operations (New Grad)- India UHR
Area of InterestEngineer - Software
Job TypeNew Graduate
In Cisco, we have an outstanding opportunity where we actually get to use the technology we build!
We are Innovators
We drive innovation to propel business transformation while maintaining operational quality.
We are Accelerators
We accelerate digital solutions to generate cost savings and efficiency gains for enterprise growth and success.
What You’ll Do
You would be responsible for configure, test and analyze product platforms in controlled environments. The responsibility includes follow through the FA end to end process till case closure. The process is closed loop, providing data to Engineering and Customer Experiences team for the prevention of recurring failures.
Role & Responsibilities
- You'll be responsible for root cause analysis including evaluation of field failures and returns.
- Evaluation of development life cycle test failures.
- Defect detection including containment analysis.
- HW or SW defects verification (emulate customer network topology).
- Providing data to engineering team for the prevention of recurring failures.
- Work closely with Product Managers, Technical Leads and Customer Support to understand and come up with the right solution to replicate customer reported issue.
- Opening bugs and working with engineering team to see it to closure.
· Support response and closure to customer cases.
Who You Are:
· Bachelor of Engineering - Computer Science or Electronics Engineering
· Year of pass out 2022.
- The ideal candidate should have a track record of success, a solid work ethic, a can-do attitude.
- Ability to work & collaborate effectively with local and remote teams globally.
- Experience in one of the programming languages (C, C++, Python, Perl, TCL, Shell scripting and Java).
- Strong networking and L7 (HTTP, HTTPS, SMTP etc.) protocol knowledge.
- Experience in Unix/Linux/FreeBSD based environments.
- Clear understanding of ISO's OSI model and TCP/IP protocol suite.
- Exposure to HW setup, HW or Network troubleshooting.
- Understanding of Data Analytics and ML/AI is preferrable.
WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!
Disclaimer - “Please note this posting is to advertise potential job opportunities. The requirement is for 2022 passout only. This exact role may not be open today, but could open in the near future. When you apply, a Cisco representative may contact you directly if a relevant position opens.”