Software Engineer Python Automation, Networking Protocols
Area of InterestEngineer - Software
Who are we:
Catalyst Engineering Business is a team responsible for switching, routing and wireless product groups in India. The Enterprise Networking Engineering teams in India are driving some of the key next generation products and is responsible for significant product portfolio for Cisco. You will work with the team that is driving the evolution and expansion into new technology areas and market segments - fastest growing Catalyst switch product line
What You'll Do:
You will work for one of Cisco's highest revenue products, the Catalyst Switching group. You will help craft, develop, test and document Switching software in support of the total design effort.
Who You'll Work With:
· A team of top-tier engineers.
· You will be interacting and working closely with some of the finest talent pool in the industry – where you will find that work is both fun and ambitious.
Who You Are:
· You demonstrate a system-level focus while understanding the impact of every component.
· You have good knowledge of and exposure to network protocols as well as customer profiles and solutions are meaningful for success in this role.
· Experience from 2 to 5 years of related experience in Python programming, network testing
· Platform expertise related to Serdes, optics, obfl, fpga, traffic, HW performance, board authentication, asic qualification etc
· L2 and Routing Protocols (e.g., OSPF, BGP, RIP, ISIS, etc)
· Encapsulation protocols like MPLS / MPLS-TE, GRE, LISP, EoMPLS, VPLS, MGRE, VXLAN, LDP/mLDP
· Server/Host Virtualization – LXC, Docker
· NetFlow / Telemetry / Analytics
· Multicast protocols (e.g. IGMP, MLD, PIM SM/DM/SSM, etc)
· Network Virtualization: MACsec, CTS, SGACL, IPSEC, First Hop security, ACL Policies, Network Data Analytics, Dot1X.
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team on innovative technology and powering a more inclusive future for all. How do we do it? Well, for starters – with people like you!
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their businesses. Sure, we’re a company that’s 35 years strong and maybe you’ve heard we’re a hardware company. But we’re also a software company. A security company. An AI/Machine Learning company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns, and protects. And we’re the tech behind keeping the world connected, productive, and ever adapting in our hybrid world by way of Webex.
Day to day, our teams have each other’s backs. We tackle whatever challenge comes our way, we recognize our accomplishments, and we grow together. We celebrate one another – from big life moments to big career moments. And giving back is in our DNA (we get 5 days off each year to do just that too)!
What’s powering an inclusive future for all look like? We know that without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality, there is no moving forward. Our 30 Inclusive Communities are leading the way, and together we’re committed to learning, listening, caring for our communities, and supporting the most vulnerable through our innovation, amazing culture, and a collective effort to make this world a better place.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us! #WeAreCisco
The health and safety of Cisco's employees, customers, and partners is a top priority. Our goal is to protect and mitigate the spread of COVID-19 infection for strong business resiliency during the pandemic. Therefore, Cisco may require new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 if the role requires business-related travel, meeting with customers/partners (including visiting third-party sites on behalf of Cisco), attending trade events, and Cisco office entry, unless otherwise prohibited by applicable law, and in countries where COVID-19 vaccination is legally required. The company will consider legally required accommodations/exceptions for medical, religious, and other reasons as per the requirements of the role and in accordance with applicable law. Additional information will be provided to candidates about the requirements and accommodation process at the offer time based on region.