Software Engineer - Protocol testing & Automation
Area of InterestEngineer - Software
Technology InterestCloud and Data Center, Networking
This is an excellent opportunity to join the UCS Fabric Interconnect Team in Datacenter Group that is focused on building next generation data center networking solutions. We are looking for candidates who strive in a fast paced start up like environment.
Who You'll Work With
You will be part of an experienced team working on next generation Data Center products. Successful candidate will work in a very sophisticated environment and will get plenty of opportunities to gain technical expertise in a number of areas.
Who You Are.
You have hands-on experience in validating complex Networking systems. You are strong in Data Center technologies, Automation and have expertise in the area of Networking with focus on Data center.
- BS/MS CS/EE degree and 8-12 years of strong hands-on testing experience in Data Center Networking products.
- Strong background in Networking (Layer 2 Ethernet switching/forwarding, Multicast, IGMP Snooping), storage networking (FC/FCoE) and Data Center Virtualization.
- Proficient programming in at least one scripting language (preferably Python) and exposure to automation frameworks
- Proven ability to lead teams and mentor team members technically and build technical competency.
Highly desirable Skills/Experience:
- Experience with Linux (Bare Metal /Virtualized) and VMware operating environments.
- Exposure to Layer 3 Switching/Routing/VxLAN
- Good understanding of Data Center Networking and Storage products.
- Excellent communication skills and a proven ability to manage competing high priority tasks.
- Strong team player with the ability to work collaboratively with others, and have fun!
- Independent, Accountable, Strong sense of ownership, Assertive, Communicative, Accountable, Sense of urgency, and Flexible and adaptable
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren’t afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.
We are thought leaders, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.
We Are Cisco