Software Engineer– Procure to Pay (7+yrs Exp)
Area of InterestInformation Technology
Who We Are
Today’s challenging business environment is more than that – it’s a period of disruption between the pandemic, global business change and internal process complexity. For us to focus on simplicity and the best customer experience, we need great talent and the right skillsets to be successful. This is now a mantra for our Cisco leadership team and for us.
The Digital Enterprise Solutions team is changing the way we run Cisco’s operations by improving the power of technology, the best of business processes and outstanding data insights. Together, we will Reimagine the Cisco experience. Show the world how to Reinvent applications and demonstrate the future of the Internet to Showcase the power of Cisco: our people, products, processes, systems, and data. Please join us and make this journey together!
What You'll Do
We are currently looking for a talented and passionate full stack engineer to become part of Procure to Pay IT team. More than any other quality, we are looking for those inspired by the challenge of solving unique and difficult technical problems for our business partners, those who excel when given creative freedom, and those who aren't afraid to dive into new territory (technical or otherwise) and learn something new without consideration organizational boundaries.
Who You'll Work With
When you work with us, you’ll be part of a highly empowered collaborative “FUTURE IT” team who's passionate about the use of technology to deliver unprecedented business outcomes. You will work with business partners, internal and external partners, Cisco’s outsourced partners, and cross-functional teams.
Who You Are
You are a results-oriented teammate who leads by example, holds self-accountable for performance, takes complete ownership, and champions all aspects of customer and project initiatives. You should be able to think creatively to find the optimal solution to problems and always be ready to learn new technology, tools and process.
Key Skills Required:
- 7+ years of experience in software development with min 5+ years in building scalable, secure web applications
- Hands-on experience in full stack development
- Strong knowledge and experience working with Oracle Database
- Strong hands-on experience with program languages/frameworks such as Java, Python, Angular.js, or Node.js, Spring boot
- Experience with Design and development of microservices – REST APIs
- Experience in cloud platforms like Docker, Kubernetes and OpenShift is a plus.
- Experience with Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery pipelines
- Experience with DevOps tools like Git , Jenkins, Artifactory, SonarQube
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills to a variety of technical and non-technical audiences is a must
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills and ability to work with global teams
- Flexible and adaptable: Ability to quickly adopt to new methodologies, tools, processes
- Strong leadership skills and ability to translate business needs into software solutions
- Experience working in a team environment with a documented software development process (within an Agile methodology like Scrum)
- Ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment throughout the lifecycle of a project
- Accountability: Candidate should be a results-oriented team player who leads by example, holds self-accountable for performance, takes absolute ownership
- Ability to handle multiple projects
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!