Backend Developer -Java/Go/Python
Area of InterestEngineer - Software
Technology InterestService Provider
What You'll Do?
You will play a key role on a next generation Service Provider Network Automation Infrastructure team as part of the Mass Scale Infrastructure group Engineering (MIGE), as a Software Engineer, working in a fast pace environment, developing Cisco's Network Automation Infrastructure Software/Solution with high scalability, performance, openness/extensibility and quality. You will have an opportunity to work well with various development teams across Cisco and drive the development features from concepts to reality. Additional responsibilities include defining API's, working on code reviews, code merges, static analysis etc. Innovation, thinking creatively and meaningful the status quo are helpful.
You will collaborate with multiple Cisco Technology Groups and work cross functionally with Product and Program Management, Engineering teams, Quality Assurance Teams, etc.
You should have proven hands-on experience developing software with Continuous Integration / Deployment.
- Provide technical leadership in developing high scale infrastructure that champion unbox/offbox applications.
- Architect/design and develop an ecosystem around Streaming Telemetry.
- Work in a startup like environment and co-develop software with some of the largest SP customers in the world.
- Develop automated tests to implement the software modules.
- Conduct and participate in peer design/code reviews.
- Deliver functional/design specifications.
Who You'll Work With?
You will work with the Service Provider Network Automation team.
Streaming Telemetry enables unprecedented levels of visibility into the network and transforms network monitoring into a big-data problem. It opens up new capabilities like near realtime traffic engineering, fault detection/prediction and automated remediation. Service Provider Network Automation team's mission is to harness the platforms and tools available today to transform network data into network intelligence and address key customer pain points by enabling Network Change automation and KPI monitoring. The rollout of 5G infrastructure by the SPs in a large scale would demonstrate this infrastructure.
You will work with a team of very best-in-class engineers who have between them tens of years of experience. You will also socialize with other groups as product management, marketing, sales, customer support, advanced services. These groups will engage with you to seek mentorship on features, design, and help with answering technical questions. You will also get mentorship from them that will help you design good software in tune with customer expectations
Who You Are?
You should meet these requirements.
- 6-8 years of work experience in software development.
- Proficient in Java and/or Go.
- Experience with RESTful API’s, HTML, XML, JSON encoding, GPB (Google protocol buffers)
- Experience working with NoSQL databases
- Experience working with CI/CD tools like Git, Jenkins
- BS degree in CS/EE/CE or technical equivalent.
Meeting these requirements give you an advantage
- Experience working with Virtualization and container technologies like VMware, Linux Containers/Docker
- Micro-services architecture
- Databases like Postgres, InfluxDB
- Messaging services like Kafka, NATS
- Familiarity with Networking Concepts
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!