Software Engineer - PhD (Full-Time) - United States
Location:San Jose, California, US
Area of InterestEngineer - Software
Job TypeNew Graduate
Technology InterestInternet of Everything, Software Development, Testing
Software Engineer PhD (Full-Time) - United States
What You'll Do
Use your creativity and technical expertise to program solutions in a variety of capacities:
- Available positions in the areas of: core routing and switching; mobility; video; data center; virtualization/cloud; security; and partnership technologies
Who You'll Work With
You will play a crucial role in driving next-gen software innovations including cloud, mobile, desktop or security spaces. You'll build applications that make technology accessible to people on a wide range of devices. Envision, design, and craft solutions to transform how we work, live, learn and play.
Who You Are
Our minimum requirements for this role:
- You are a recent graduate or on your final year of studies toward a PhD in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related major such as Math, Physics
- 3.5 GPA or higher or equivalent status in doctoral program
- Top technical expertise as confirmed by journal publications, conference participation and previous experience, e.g. internships or full-time roles
- Strong recommendations by professors, Cisco Distinguished Engineers and Fellows
- You possess strong written and verbal communication
- Some roles may require US Citizenship
At Cisco, each person brings their own unique talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
- We connect everything – people, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
- We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Smart Cities to your everyday devices.
- We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
Colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Be you, with us! #WeAreCisco