Software Engineer - Optimization
Location:Milpitas, California, US
Area of InterestEngineer - Software
Technology InterestCollaboration, Video
What You'll Do
As a senior software engineer, you will participant in the development of Cisco WebEx video conference and Cisco next generation collaboration product. You will have the opportunity to work with an excellent team of scientists and engineers to research and develop real-time multimedia application. You will be responsible for:
- Participate in development and maintenance of our media-SDK code base
- Engage in all aspects of the software development life cycle, including design, implementation, profiling, testing, debugging, and data-driven analysis
- Conduct continuous analysis and monitoring to measure and improve the SDK performance (e.g. CPU, Memory, latency, etc
- Must-have skills/Experiences
- Professional software development experience in C++ and C, with strong sense of craftsmanship. 5+ years industry experience building and maintaining robust high-quality software. Knowledge of operation systems, thread and memory management, client-server architectures.
- Experience with performance and optimization analysis and an ability to both diagnose and prevent performance problems. Strong in multithreaded software design, problem-solving, and debugging abilities.
- Experience in designing real-time multimedia application.
- Hands on experience maintaining and instrumenting CI/CD pipelines leveraging tools, and automation test systems.
- and good communication skills and technical leadership
- Good-to-have Skills/Experiences
- Knowledge of multimedia codecs (OPUS, H.264, VP8, VP9, AV1, etc.), and real-time protocols (RTP, RTCP, etc.). Knowledge of network protocol, include but not limit to IP/TCP/UDP, or media transmission technology
- Experience with Open CL, DirectX and Intel Media SDK programming.
- Experience with assembly programming or Intel intrinsic.
- Experience in cross-platform development.
- Understanding of common challenges with modern client-side application, including power management, resource optimization, and wireless network reliability.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.
Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!