Software Engineer - Mac/Linux Secure Endpoint Team
Area of InterestEngineer - Software
The Cisco AMP engineering team is composed of highly skilled individuals who are comfortable working in a fast paced and technically challenging environment. The AMP team is a highly performant group that is involved with all stages of the product development process from solving complex engineering problems to working directly with customers.
Role & Responsibilities
This is an exciting opportunity to join the Cisco AMP engineering group based in Calgary. The hired employee will develop software primarily for the macOS and Linux platforms to meet high performance and reliability standards without compromising security. Tasks include designing new features, investigating field issues, resolving defects, and contributing to code reviews.
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or Engineering.
- Experience developing multi-threaded software using C and/or C++
- Ability to analyze complex problems and effectively communicate technical details
- Knowledgable in UNIX style operating systems, POSIX API and shell scripting
- Proficient with tools for debugging, profiling, source version control, static analysis, build management and automated testing
- Experience and/or strong interest in network security
- Experience and/or strong interest in secure coding best practices
- Experience with device drivers, file system drivers and TCP/IP networking
- Experience developing in mixed OS environments including macOS, Linux and Windows Experience developing for mobile platforms including Apple iOS and Android
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!