Software Engineer - Java
Location:Crawley, England, United Kingdom
Area of InterestEngineer - Software
Technology InterestCollaboration, Video, Software Development, Testing
What You'll Do
As a Software Engineer, you will produce cloud scale Java web applications in a microservices architecture. You'll be developing Cisco’s cloud collaboration services, network orchestration and automation through developing business logic, data tier services, APIs and microservices.
Key Skills you'll use:
- Spring framework
- Agile Development
Because you'll implement so many inventive solutions, through passion and execution, you'll make a large impact on the development of state of the art, global cloud communications services.
You will work closely with senior developers, architects and designers in an agile team accepting challenges and change.
You'll be part BroadSoft's Engineering team, now part of Cisco.
Who You'll Work With
BroadSoft is a leading technology innovator in cloud PBX, unified communications, team collaboration and contact center solutions, designed for our service provider customers across the globe.
We are a trusted cloud innovator and market leader. We have continuously innovated in cloud unified communication software and services for the last 20 years — and we can’t stop.
Who You Are
- At a minimum, we expect you to have a Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field.
- 3 years experience of developing Java applications in an agile team.
- You have experience of developing and integrating APIs.
- Experience with the Spring framework is preferred, along with good SQL knowledge.
- Experience with cloud platforms and implementing cloud subscription services is a positive.
- You're a motivated team member who is able to grasp design documentation, user journeys and business problems to develop robust and secure cloud services.
- You have a real passion for keeping up to date with technologies and standards.
At Cisco, each person brings their unique talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
- We connect everything – people, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
- We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Smart Cities to your everyday devices.
- We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
Colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Be you, with us! #WeAreCisco
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.