Software Engineer - Java Microservices
Area of InterestEngineer - Software
Technology InterestBig Data, Analytics, Cloud and Data Center
AppDynamics is an application intelligence company that uses machine learning and artificial intelligence (AI) to provide real-time insights into application performance, user performance and business performance. With our unique AIOps solution, enterprises can take the right action at exactly the right time with automated anomaly detection, rapid root-cause analysis, and a unified view of the entire application ecosystem, including private and public clouds. AppDynamics is uniquely positioned to enable enterprises to accelerate their digital transformations by actively monitoring, analyzing, and optimizing complex application environments at scale which has led to proven success and trust with the Global 2000.
You are the kind of engineer who is passionate about distributed platforms and services that scale to handle massive data volumes of requests and growing the team that builds them. You have a passion to solve complex data problems at scale and enable building various products on data infrastructure. You also have the following:
- 5+ years of strong product development experience in software development, preferably in large scale distributed systems.
- Good understanding of BigData eco-system and technology stack like Hadoop/Storm/Kafka/HBase/Redis/ElasticSearch etc.
- Proficiency in a programming language such as Java
- Strong foundation in data structures, algorithms and problem solving
- Good organization, communication and interpersonal skills
- Must be a proven team player enjoying challenging assignments in a high-energy, fast growing and start-up workplace
- Agility and ability to adapt quickly to changing requirements and scope and priorities
- Ability to collaborate effectively with cross functional teams to solve complex problems and building products spanning across multiple teams to deliver products & features
It is a huge plus if you have,
- Experience with BigData Systems like Hadoop/Kafka/Spark etc
- Experience shipping multi-tenant platforms for both SaaS and on-premise deployments
- Experience with infrastructure and systems engineering, and scaling services on cloud computing platforms like AWS
- Understanding of various relevant Internet open source frameworks and
- Experience in application performance management and log analytics space
About the Team/Role
This position is for Software Engineer III for our “Core Data Platform” Group at Bangalore. This team’s charter is to build BigData Infrastructure & Platform to ingest, manage and process all metrics and events at AppDynamics in near real-time and supporting analytical capabilities on metrics and events at a massive scale.
- AppDynamics BigData Platform has been designed to scale to massive data volumes of order tens of TBs of data and 100s of billions of events in near real-time.
- Technology stack is based on BigData/Hadoop and NoSQL systems.
- A Software Engineer is responsible for delivery of a feature for a component/product with highest quality with guidance from senior engineers and architects. You help constantly innovate the platform to remain ahead of the curve.
- You collaborate with cross-functional teams to deliver features.
Come join the Platform team and build the world’s next great Application Intelligence Platform. The engineers in this team have a strong passion for solving complex data problems and building infinitely scalable and highly available platforms