Software Engineer: Java/J2ee, Microservices, Cloud Native, Dockers, Kubernetes
Location:Bangalore, Karnataka, India
Area of InterestCustomer Experience
Technology InterestAI or Artificial Intelligence, Big Data, Analytics
Software Development Engineer for Cloud, CX Platforms
What You'll Do
As a member of the CX Platforms organization, you will collaborate with the Software Product Development team to develop software on Cloud native technical stack..
Responsibilities include the following:
· Design, code, test and deploy Cisco Business critical services, work on micro-services using Python, Java, Kops, Drone, Helm, Kubernetes, Ansible and Docker containers.
· BS in Computer Science (or equivalent experience) plus 5 years of experience or MS in Computer Science with 5 years of previous experience as a Software Programmer (Python, Java or Scala), DevOps,, Cloud Operations, SRE, Services Engineer, Systems Engineer of Software Engineer interested in creating automation software to automate systems processes.
· Previous experience with database (Oracle, NoSQL, Postgres, MongoDB, Hadoop) clustering across data centers
· Experience with open source technologies such as Docker, Cassandra, Elasticsearch, Kafka, Redis, and RabbitMQ
· Experience in one or more development languages of Python, Java, or Scala
· Basic networking skills and familiarity with Unix/Linux systems including CLI used in checking component status and logs.
· Understanding of Software Development Life Cycle, Test Driven Development, Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery processes
· Oral and written communication skills, comfortable communicating with groups of people when needed
· Cloud enabling technology (using IaaS and PaaS) experience desirable
· Performance and scale engineering of Postgres including high availability and multi-site replication.
· Implement automation to perform the day to day systems operations functions of the cloud collaboration platform using open source configuration tools such as Ansible, Docker, Kubernetes and CICD tools such Jenkins and Github.
· Troubleshoot and resolve issues related to the CX platforms; implement long term fixes and automation to avoid repeat failures in the future.
· Participate in on-call rotations with platform team for platform related services.
Who You’ll Work For
The CX Platforms group enables $12.5B business which is investing heavily to transform the Customer experiences for our end users.
Who Are You
You are a an Engineer passionate about Code for Cloud native stack, understand DevOps and creating deployment automation that enable for the automated configuration, management and scalability of Cloud microservices and infrastructure processes.
At Cisco, each person brings their unique talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
We connect everything – people, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
· We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Smart Cities to your everyday devices.
· We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
Colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Be you, with us! #WeAreCisco