Software Engineer Intern
Location:Tel Aviv-Yafo, Israel
Area of InterestEngineer - Software
Start date: flexible
Cisco Systems is offering an extraordinary opportunity to be part of a small, innovative team. The engineering team, originally spun out by Cisco as an internal startup, operates independently of Cisco's mainline R&D organisation and is tasked with building a cloud security product from the ground up. We are looking for an energetic Software Engineering Intern to contribute to the design and development efforts.
What you'll do
As an intern at Cisco Defense Orchestrator, you will be working on one-week sprints in a fast paced team to deliver a slick, fast, and consistent security policy management experience across the entire gamut of Cisco devices to our customers. You will:
- Participate as a technical contributor on a fast paced team of engineers involved in the development of Cisco Defense Orchestrator;
- Contribute to all phases of software development from requirement gathering through implementation, testing and maintaining multiple code modules;
- Create innovative solutions for complex technical problems;
- Meet challenging project goals and schedules.
Who we are
Cisco Defense Orchestrator is a SaaS product deployed on the public cloud that enables Cisco security customers to manage their security policies simply, consistently, and effectively across their entire portfolio of firewalls and services.
Starting out in 2014 with zero lines of code as an Alpha project (Cisco-funded startup), we have moved fast, releasing new features to our customers every week and going from 0 to over 1,000 customers (including many household names).
- Our core development team comprises multiple scrum teams split across the UK, Israel, Spain, and the United States. Our scrum teams have a great degree of autonomy, and are encouraged to come up with creative solutions to complex problems.
- We work on one-week sprints, with fully automated CI and release into facsimiles of production multiple times a day.
- We do not believe in silos — every developer is responsible for ensuring her or his feature is tested at every level (from end-to-end to unit tests), and we operate in a DevOps environment where developers with interest in learning to run large, scalable cloud services are responsible for deploying and managing our production environment on a rotational basis.
While we work hard, we do like to let our hair down together; with a spot of bowling, some fancy cocktails, or a good old fashioned pint down the local (pandemic permitting). While we often work to aggressive deadlines, we recognise the importance of a work/life balance and are supportive of fitting your work around your life rather than the other way round.
Who you are
Required Experience and Skills
- Track record of contribution to open source software project, successful appearances in hackathons or independently published applications (e.g. mobile apps);
- Algorithm design and analysis;
- Linux fundamentals;
- Currently pursuing a degree in Computer Science or equivalent numerate specialisation. 2nd and last year students - the active student status needs to remain throughout the whole duration of the internship
- Immerse yourself in an exciting, fast paced start-up environment, working as a member of an innovative and highly motivated software development team;
- Gain valuable experience with modern technologies such as Angular, Micronaut, Node.js, Mongo, AWS, ELK stack and Chef;
- Learn about Agile software development methodology by being a contributing member of a Scrum team.