Software Engineer Intern - Serbia
Area of InterestEngineer - Software
Technology Interest*None, Networking, Software Development
Cisco Serbia is looking for a motivated Student to join the field of Network Technology within our R&D department and work on developing Software tools for an entirely new CISCO Network IC architecture. We are developing a fully featured IDE (integrated development environment) for P4 application developers targeting Cisco Silicon One™ based devices.
Why you should join us:
- The result of your work will be integrated into products of world leading companies, and it will change future of internet
- Opportunity to work with worldwide distributed CISCO R&D centers and learn from the best engineers in the field
- We will enable you and motivate you to grow professionally and academically in cutting-edge technologies
- You will be surrounded with great engineers and even better people
- You'll work in a modern and pleasant environment
What we are expecting from candidates:
- Want to dive in and not afraid to make important decisions
- Has a cheerful, positive attitude with good communication skills
- Can quickly ramp on interdisciplinary domains
- Love solving complex problems
- Close interaction and cooperation with the CISCO team in many different domains
- Can do an internship for up to a year
We are actively seeking individuals who possess a profound passion for technology and engineering, individuals who are driven to explore the boundaries of what can be achieved through innovation, unwavering determination and collaborative teamwork.
Our internship program is thoughtfully designed to offer a level of flexibility that harmonizes with your academic commitments. We anticipate a minimum commitment of 2 days a week, while recognizing that if your schedule allows, you may choose to dedicate up to 5 days a week to your internship responsibilities. The specific work schedule can be tailored to your needs in consultation with your assigned mentor.
This internship experience provides a unique opportunity to embark on your professional journey with Cisco, and we are keenly interested in identifying future colleagues who aspire to transition into full-time roles with us upon the completion of their internship.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Design & develop plugins & extensions for a fully featured IDE based on VSCode framework to support P4 language network application development and testing using CISCO Silicon One™ family NPU device simulation platform and always keeping in mind the following goals:
- Make P4 developers’ life easier
- Standardize the development process across organization.
- One stop shop for all P4 tools
- Increase productivity.
- Speed up the troubleshooting process
- Implementing all nice IntelliSense features targeting P4 language constructs.
- Implementing well known Microsoft debug adapter protocol
- Frontend in typescript (VSCode extension)
- Backend in C++ (Network Device Simulator)
- Adding custom feature plugins designed in coordination with your customers (P4 application developer and SDK developers)
What are we looking for?
- Ongoing BSc / MSc studies
- Positive energy, motivation to learn and ability to work within a team
- High level of work autonomy and sense of responsibility
- Desire for improvement of current skillset in a fast-paced working environment
- Fluency in spoken and written English
- Candidates should be in their final year of studies
What would stand out but not required:
- Experience in software design/engineering skills in modern C++, debugging skills, problem-solving, and analytical skills
- Experience with other programming languages and tools such as Python, ANTLR
- Experience with best practices in GUI architecture design
“This is a unique opportunity to be part of a leading team developing next gen product which will soon handle all internet packets. A few years from now all internet packets worldwide will go through the device we develop!
Cisco Silicon One™ is a revolutionary, ground-breaking technology for our customers and end users for decades to come! The Internet now has a new faster, better, safer engine! “
When available, the salary range posted for this position reflects the projected hiring range for new hire, full-time salaries in U.S. locations, not including equity or benefits. For non-sales roles the hiring ranges reflect base salary only; employees are also eligible to receive annual bonuses. Hiring ranges for sales positions include base and incentive compensation target. Individual pay is determined by the candidate's hiring location and additional factors, including but not limited to skillset, experience, and relevant education, certifications, or training. Applicants may not be eligible for the full salary range based on their U.S. hiring location. The recruiter can share more details about compensation for the role in your location during the hiring process.
U.S. employees have access to quality medical, dental and vision insurance, a 401(k) plan with a Cisco matching contribution, short and long-term disability coverage, basic life insurance and numerous wellbeing offerings. Employees receive up to twelve paid holidays per calendar year, which includes one floating holiday, plus a day off for their birthday. Employees accrue up to 20 days of Paid Time Off (PTO) each year and have access to paid time away to deal with critical or emergency issues without tapping into their PTO. We offer additional paid time to volunteer and give back to the community. Employees are also able to purchase company stock through our Employee Stock Purchase Program.
Employees on sales plans earn performance-based incentive pay on top of their base salary, which is split between quota and non-quota components. For quota-based incentive pay, Cisco pays at the standard rate of 1% of incentive target for each 1% revenue attainment against the quota up to 100%. Once performance exceeds 100% quota attainment, incentive rates may increase up to five times the standard rate with no cap on incentive compensation. For non-quota-based sales performance elements such as strategic sales objectives, Cisco may pay up to 125% of target. Cisco sales plans do not have a minimum threshold of performance for sales incentive compensation to be paid.