Software Engineer Intern - Netanya - Israel
Location:South Netanya, Hamerkaz, Israel
Area of InterestEngineer - Software
Technology InterestSoftware Development, Testing
Location: Netanya, Israel
Start Date: flexible - in accordance with the university schedule
Why You’ll Love Cisco
Everything is converging on the Internet, making networked connections more relevant than ever before in our lives. Our engineers' revolutionary ideas impact everything imaginable - from entertainment, retail, healthcare, and education, to public and private sectors, smart cities, smart cars, and everyday devices in our homes. Here, that means you’ll take creative ideas from the drawing board to powerful solutions that have real world impact. You’ll interface with Cisco leaders, partner with experienced mentors, and develop incredible relationships with colleagues who share your interest in connecting the unconnected. You’ll be part a team that cares about its customers, enjoys having fun, and you’ll take part in changing the lives of those in our local communities. Come prepared to be inspired.
The Business Entity
Cisco delivers technology and products for connecting people, places and things, from unified collaboration through data, voice and video to sensor networks, big data, communications carriers and cloud computing. The Enterprise Networking Group (ENG) is focused on delivering world-class software and networking infrastructure for Enterprises around the globe.
A strategic, innovative and a center of excellence team that is leading widely deployed, user centric and consistent Application Visibility and Control (AVC) solution across Cisco portfolio that drives up platforms value. Team is responsible for the complete life cycle of the product, from product definition, through high level software architecture to detailed design, implementation, testing and customer support.
Within the AVC Team, the TRex team is responsible for innovating the next generation realistic traffic generator. The team is the originator and the developer of the Cisco Pioneer and Open source TRex traffic generator, leading both Cisco and outer organizations to use an open source tool as a valid benchmarking solution, using smart algorithms and efficient resource utilization.
Role & Responsibilities
- Develop and extend advanced control and data plane features in an extreme scaled environment.
- Conceive, design, and implement new innovative solutions for arising demands of clients
- Get highly familiar with how network applications operate.
- Get familiar with open-source development techniques while incorporating internal work-processes.
- Develop C++ & Python SW features and Test automation
- BA/BSc student in Computer Science or Software Engineering
- Autodidact with extreme passion for new technologies and design concepts
- SW development skills in C/C++ and Python
- Background in standard networking theories, concepts, and protocols (L2-L7)
- Very good verbal and written communication skills (English)
- Highly motivated to deliver premium product with no compromises.
Desired and advantage Skills
- Experience with C++, Python, TCL programming
- Experience with embedded software development
- Experience and familiarity with Data Networking
- Experience and familiarity with Unix and Linux OS
- Traffic generators and test tools experience and familiarity
- Familiarity in GUI design and GUI SW development.
The Internet of Everything is a phenomenon driving new opportunities for Cisco and it's transforming our customers' businesses worldwide. We are pioneers and have been since the early days of connectivity. Today, we are building teams that are expanding our technology solutions in the mobile, cloud, security, IT, and big data spaces, including software and consulting services. As Cisco delivers the network that powers the Internet, we are connecting the unconnected. Imagine creating unprecedented disruption. Your revolutionary ideas will impact everything from retail, healthcare, and entertainment, to public and private sectors, and far beyond. Collaborate with like-minded innovators in a fun and flexible culture that has earned Cisco global recognition as a Great Place To Work. With roughly 10 billion connected things in the world now and over 50 billion estimated in the future, your career has exponential possibilities at Cisco.