Software Engineer Intern - France
Location:Offsite, Mougins, France
Area of InterestEngineer - Software
Technology InterestSoftware Development, Testing
Start date: July/August 2021
Duration: 6 months
What you’ll do
In the PRT we're researching new methods to gather observables from Windows malware, as well as techniques to stop malicious code before it gains persistence or spreads. Our daily tasks consist in gaining understanding of the Windows user space and kernel APIs, dissecting and analyzing malware code to see how it interacts with the OS, as well as designing prototype implementations to defend against malicious techniques.
As part of our team, you will be asked to:
- Develop unpackers/extractors for new file types in ClamAV
- Develop or improve other engines in AMP
- Research new information sources/protective measures on Windows
- Analyze malware to figure out ways of countering their antimalware circumvention measures.
You will develop in C++/Microsoft Visual Studio and potentially Rust. Though we are a research team, be aware that a large part of our work is to implement solutions in AMP, and that you will be required to do development work.
Who you are
- You are a final year Master student in computer science or related fields.
- You are fluent in English and French.
- A technology enthusiast, enjoying talking about innovation and always keeping up with the latest technology news.
- Good basic understanding of malware analysis, programming & software development, as well as testing and quality assurance, ideally with some more in-depth knowledge in one of these fields.
- Programming skills: Visual C++, Rust.
- View team collaboration as instrumental to achieving success.
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.