Software Engineer IV - Java, Cloud Collaboration, Microservices (Exp: 8+ years)
Area of InterestWebex (Collaboration)
Technology InterestWebex (Collaboration)
Software Engineer - IV
Who You'll Work With:
To support and empower the modern workforce, Cisco's Collaboration Group is creating solutions to put "no compromise" collaboration into every room, on every desk, in every pocket and into every application. We are using the cloud to help us move faster in delivering new innovations. Our engineers in the various services and components of Webex Calling are pioneers in cloud services and infrastructure, redefining collaboration and unified communications into high performance, scalable platforms and services that are the envy of our competitors.
The Signalling Services Edge and Media Services Edge teams, who you will be part of, work on some of the most cutting edge technologies, creating features that enable seamless integration of Webex Calling with external calling services and entities.
What You'll Do:
· Develop and expand your technical abilities.
· Apply your outstanding skills to a globally deployed platform servicing billions of calls a month.
· Design and write great software that expands the existing features and adds new features to edge services to process signalling and media.
· Use CI/CD, automation and cloud to build ultra-scalable SaaS solutions on different cloud platforms.
· Work towards becoming a domain and technology SME
· Challenge the status quo in a continuous improvement environment.
· Work with other experts in an agile team with a DevOps culture
· Work with Product Management, Architects and a global solutions team to understand the requirements and translate them to engineering features.
· Mentor and help the new and junior members in the team to become productive.
Come, envision, influence and implement the future of Collaboration with us.
Who You Are:
· BS/MS in Computer Science, or other relevant technical degree and 8+ years of hands-on industry experience
· Strong software architectural skills, leading by empowerment and engagement
· Excellent communication and collaboration skills, both verbal and written
· Strong priority management, time management, and problem-solving skills
· Ability to define problems, establish facts, and develop logical solutions
· Ability to foster teamwork and resolve problems expeditiously and positively
· Experience working in an Agile environment and DevOps model
· Ability to pickup new technologies, concepts and learn on the job.
o Experience in developing microservices with an understanding of microservices design principles
o Exposure to cloud pipelines like ELK stack, various tools like Kibana and Grafana
o Highly proficient in Java and strong experience of writing Springboot applications.
o Strong knowledge of frameworks to write UTs and functional test cases.
o Experience with using one or more DBs like Redis, Cassandra and Postgres.
o Proficient in OOP concepts and Design Patterns.
o Experience working on Voice and Collaboration applications, knowledge of SBCs, experience with SIP/VoIP Call Control Applications, VOIP endpoints is strongly desired.
o Working experience in resolving customer issues, on-demand design changes, and addressing feature/tools gaps.
· Ability and passion for learning new technologies, tools, and languages.
Desired Skills & Experience:
· Strong knowledge of Architecture, Design, Implementation, Administration, Software security, Performance Tuning, Data Modelling
· Working knowledge of Jira, Confluence is a plus.
· Prior understanding and working experience of full stack, end-to-end product architecture, platform, virtualization & docker concepts are highly desired
· Knowledge of ICE, TURN and STUN would help.
· Understanding of how Jenkins works and ability to write shell scripts (primarily needed for CI pipeline)
· Good understanding of Docker Env, Docker networking concepts, design patterns around how configs are injected in to a docker application
· Exposure to frameworks like Apache Kafka, RabbitMQ
· Basic knowledge of Kubernetes and creation of applications in Kubernetes platform.
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren’t afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.
We are thought leaders, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.
We Are Cisco.
The health and safety of Cisco's employees, customers, and partners is a top priority. Our goal is to protect and mitigate the spread of COVID-19 infection for strong business resiliency during the pandemic. Therefore, Cisco requires all new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 in the U.S., unless otherwise prohibited by applicable law, and in countries where COVID-19 vaccination is legally required. The company will consider legally required accommodations/exceptions for medical, religious, and other reasons as per the requirements of the role and in accordance with applicable law. Additional information will be provided to candidates about the requirements and accommodation process at the offer time based on region.