Software Engineer - IT Technical Lead
Location:RTP, North Carolina, US
Area of InterestEngineer - Software
Technology InterestBig Data, Analytics, Cloud and Data Center, Internet of Everything, Networking, Security, Software Development, Testing
In Cisco IT, we have a unique opportunity- we actually get to use the technology we create!
We are Innovators. We drive innovation to propel business transformation while maintaining operational excellence.
We are Accelerators. We accelerate digital solutions to generate cost savings and productivity gains for enterprise growth and success.
We are Transformers. As customer zero, we transform the customer experience by being our own customer first.
With agility, quality, and security, we continuously deliver business outcomes.
Join us in delighting our customers and empowering our employees. Apply today!
What You'll Do
You will be part of our Customer Care IT Organization and will provide Technical Leadership to the Install Base/Service Contracts Cloud Native transformation. In this role, you will architect, design and develop a cloud-native stack for handling Cisco's huge Install Base and Service Contracts. Cisco is crafting a rich portfolio of hardware, software and service solutions to meet changing business requirements. Cisco's IB and Service Contracts is the foundation of these new offers and you will be part of the team building a tech stack that fuels this growth.
Who You'll Work With
You will work with Customer Care IT architects, analysts, and Services/Customer Success and Operations business architects and leaders to build end to end capabilities to achieve business outcomes
Who You Are
- Bachelor's of Science in Computer Science or related field. Masters in Computer Science is a plus.
- 10+ years of programming experience
- 5+ years IT Tech lead design experience
- Extensive hands-on experience in the design and development of cloud-native enterprise applications using MEAN stack
- Deep knowledge in building applications using NO-SQL databases like MongoDB, Cassandra, and similar technologies
- Experience migrating from PL/SQL databases to NO-SQL databases
- Experience using Search Acceleration technologies like Elastic Search or similar
- Working knowledge of UI frameworks like Angular.js 2.0 or higher, React.js
- Experience developing micro-services desired
At Cisco, each person brings their unique talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
- We connect everything – people, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
- We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Smart Cities to your everyday devices.
- We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
Colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Be you, with us! #WeAreCisco #dicecorp
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.
Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.