Software Engineer III - MPLS Forwarding Infrastructure
Location:San Jose, California, US
Area of InterestEngineer - Software
Technology InterestService Provider
Cisco provides you an excellent opportunity to take your career dreams forward. You will bring your unique talents to the group that works on Cisco's routing technology on high end core/edge routers like ASR9k, NCS6k, NCS5k and NCS5.5k, which large enterprises now consider to be the transport medium of choice for critical networks. In your role as Senior Software Engineer, you will work on feature development, solving complex customer problems and innovating products that are deployed by some of the leading service providers in the world. Experience the exhilaration as you work on crafting next-gen products and collaborating with not just your immediate team, but across teams at Cisco. You will work with a BU-wide dynamic technical community and get along with some of the brightest minds in the field.
As an integral part of this team, you will work with a team of seasoned engineers. You will have the opportunity to work with the architects, designers, and developers of some of the world’s largest Service Provider Routers that are continuously evolving towards enabling the support of newer and exciting customer business paradigms.
You will be interacting and working closely with some of the finest talent pool in the industry – where you will find that work is both fun and meaningful.
You will also socialize with groups, such as Product Management, Marketing, Sales, Customer Support, and Advanced Services.
You have an excellent knowledge of C. You also have knowledge of or experience working in a Unix/Linux-based development environment. You possess good coding and debugging skills. You are an exceptional teammate with excellent communication skills.
• Experience: 5-9 years in software development in C/Linux. Networking/routing domain experience is a plus.
• BE/B.Tech/ME/M.Tech/MS in CS/EE/IT/ECE, MCA, or similar education.
• Experience in developing software for networking equipment in data and/or control plane, with knowledge of one or more of the following: L3/L2 Protocols/Technologies, Broadcom/EZChip/Cavium/NPU data path, QoS,ACL. Exceptional programming skills in C/Linux. Ability to design/develop/debug/support in highly distributed/multithread system is a requirementt.
• Ability to derive design and code based on technical standards, write comprehensive and focused design documents, and drive software architecture and system design.
• Ability to work across teams to solve complex problems.
• Experience working on tools such as Clearcase, Valgrind, DDTS, GDB and scripting language such as python etc.
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to craft the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren’t afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.
We are leaders with vision, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired strong performers. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.
We Are Cisco.