Software Engineer III - Java/J2EE/Spring/Rest-Webservices
Location:San Jose, California, US
Area of InterestEngineer - Software
Technology InterestService Provider
Who You'll Work with?
You will work on Cisco Crosswork Network Insights, a cloud-based service providing a rich analysis of routing and network data, designed to significantly reduce the mean time to repair of networking issues.
What will You do?
As a Software Engineer, you will play a key role on a next-generation Service Provider Network Automation Infrastructure team, working in a startup like fast pace environment, developing Cisco's Software Defined Networking Infrastructure Software/Solution with high scalability, performance, openness/extensibility, and quality.
You will have an opportunity to get along with various development teams across Cisco and drive the development features from concepts to reality. Additional responsibilities include defining API's, working on code reviews, code merges, static analysis etc. Innovation, thinking creatively and meaningful the status quo are helpful.
You'll collaboration with multiple Cisco Technology Groups and working cross-functionally with Product and Program Management, Engineering teams, Quality Assurance Teams, etc.
Who You are?
You're an excellent teammate, with a “can-do” attitude and are able to drive solution from product requirements, to meet or beat schedule requirements with good track records.
- You have BSEE/CS combined with 2-3 years related experience or MSEE/CS combined with 0-1 years of related experience
- You have in-depth working experience with Java and related J2EE technologies
- You are an authority coder and complete self-starter who can pick up new technologies with ease loves solving and designing complex systems
- Authoritative level understanding and hands-on experience with REST / JAX-RS Web Services using JSON
- You have strong Object-Oriented Analysis and Design concepts.
- Experience working with Junit and other unit testing and debugging tools for Java and Unix/Linux platform
- You have exposure to Web Containers like Tomcat and NoSQL databases.
- You are familiar with CICD tools like Git, Jenkins, and Gerrit.
- Familiarity with Networking concepts.
- Knowledge of Virtualization Technologies like OpenStack and/or VMWare
- Experience with massively scalable, distributed systems.
At Cisco, each person brings their unique talents to work as a team and make a difference.
- Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
- We connect everything – people, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
- We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results.
- Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Smart Cities to your everyday devices.
- We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.Colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Be you, with us! #WeAreCisco
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.
Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.