Software Engineer III - C/C++ Development, Linux Kernel, Device Drivers, Networking (3 years to 8 years)
Area of InterestEngineer - Software
Technology InterestSoftware Development, Testing
The Business Entity
Core Software Group (CSG) has the charter for all Platform Independent and Platform Dependent software development across Switching (for data center, campus core and campus access), wireless, network services, routing, optical software and Enterprise routing and cable access. This includes all the Operating Systems and network services for IOS/XE in Enterprise, IOS-XR in Service Provider and NX-OS in Data Center market segments.
Cisco's Enterprise Routing is multi-billion dollar growing business that generates its revenue primarily in the Mid-Range routing market space ( Edge and Access Routing).
The Portfolio of this team includes the Cisco's Routing Standard Platforms ISR800 series, ISR2400/2600/4400 series, ASR1000 series of platforms and Cisco Cloud Services Routers ( CSR series).
The Cisco’s Enterprise Routing India seeks a Software Engineers to build, lead and motivate a high-performance engineering development team responsible for designing and bringing new software to market.
The ideal candidate brings a track record of success in a similar role, strong interpersonal skills, and a can-do attitude.
The successful candidate will participate on project teams defining and developing innovative new products based on Cisco technology.
Key functions are to:
* Develop, enhance, verify and sustain embedded system software for complex internetworking products as a key member of a cross-functional team.
* Perform design trade-off analysis, write software specifications, code, integrate and test new software and hardware, complete product release, and provide field support.
* Interface with Business Development, External Partners, Hardware Engineering, QA Test and Release Operations throughout the development cycle.
* Act as Key Decision maker on Technical and Engineering Design issues.
Key success skill factors are:
* 3-8 years of Industry experience. Hands on experience on End to End Software project development in a network company environment will be added plus.
* Strong C programming skills and familiarity with large software development projects in an UNIX or IOS environment including experience with source code control systems, i.e. ability to search, navigate and handle extremely large code base.
* Experienced in Linux kernel and hardware device drivers and modules.
* Solid experience in debugging platform issue with i2c, i2c trace analyzers, PCIe
* Solid experience with hardware debuggers, e.g. Arium, BDI
* Basic knowledge of PPC and X86 assembly code.
* Experienced in GDB, both online and offline debugging
* Knowledge of scripting to be able to design, create and run scripts for longevity tests for platform.
* Knowledge of or demonstrated experience with LAN/WAN communication interfaces, Ethernet layer 2, layer 3 technologies.
* Motivated self-starter with good communication and organizational skills, with demonstrated ability to develop and deliver superior products in a cross-functional team environment under aggressive schedules.
* Some of the key areas of expertise in addition to Networking domain is platform/System Areas such as kernel bring up, kernel driver development, platform bring up/ management software and Cloud Networking Technologies.
* Experience with x86 BIOS, uboot will be a plus.
* Experience with Secure boot/Secure BIOS will be a plus.
The Internet of Everything is a phenomenon driving new opportunities for Cisco and it''''s transforming our customers'''' businesses worldwide. We are pioneers and have been since the early days of connectivity. Today, we are building teams that are expanding our technology solutions in the mobile, cloud, security, IT, and big data spaces, including software and consulting services. As Cisco delivers the network that powers the Internet, we are connecting the unconnected. Imagine creating unprecedented disruption. Your revolutionary ideas will impact everything from retail, healthcare, and entertainment, to public and private sectors, and far beyond. Collaborate with like-minded innovators in a fun and flexible culture that has earned Cisco global recognition as a Great Place To Work. With roughly 10 billion connected things in the world now and over 50 billion estimated in the future, your career has exponential possibilities at Cisco.