Software Engineer (Graduate) – Smart Licensing, Poland
Area of InterestEngineer - Software
Job TypeEarly in Career
Technology InterestCloud and Data Center, Software Development, Testing
Start Date: from December 2022
Location: Krakow, Poland (we follow a hybrid/remote approach)
We are looking for a graduate to join us to become a Software Engineer at an exciting and ground-breaking time. This role provides opportunities to work with the latest evolution of Cisco’s Smart Licensing to Cloud solutions as part of a team in Krakow, Poland. You will work with our brightest minds in one of the world’s leading IT companies and gain experience in a wide range of technologies.
What you will do:
You will work with outstanding leaders who will challenge and mentor you. Join a team of new graduates all starting your careers together, growing your professional development whilst meeting the demands of your projects and programs.
Within a small, global agile team:
- Deploy and maintain business-critical applications in production at the Cisco scale
- Be a critical part of the development team by implementing and deploying sophisticated software applications
- Apply software engineering best practices along with a security-first mentality in a scrum team
- Maintain and expand knowledge and skills of current and emerging technologies to improve existing Cisco Smart Licensing applications
- Present, share and demonstrate your work to team members and partners
We are looking for individuals with a passion for technology and problem solving, ideally with proven academic foundations in software engineering fields, working towards, or having earned a bachelor’s degree (or higher). Equivalent experience accepted in lieu of degree.
- You are willing to communicate in English (verbal and written).
- Must be based and eligible to work in Poland,
- A passion for – and a dedication to lifelong learning – a willingness and eagerness to invest time in training and developing your skills
- Programming language experience e.g: Golang/RubyOnRails/Java, Angular
- Exposure to Object Oriented programming concepts and hands-on experience in Golang/RubyOnRails/Java.
- Knowledge of Web Services and JSON
- Experience deploying and maintaining applications in a staging/production environment which could include working with source code control tools such as Git, Maven, and Jenkins.
- Understanding of strong security practices with some exposure to API Security Protocols.
- Experience with developing, testing, and debugging automated tasks (CI/CD pipelines)
- A passion for data and enthusiasm for data science processes and technologies including Data Structures and Algorithms.
- Familiarity with Cloud services e.g.: GCP, AWS, Azure
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!
The health and safety of Cisco's employees, customers, and partners is a top priority. Our goal is to protect and mitigate the spread of COVID-19 infection for strong business resiliency during the pandemic. Therefore, Cisco may require new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 if the role requires business-related travel, meeting with customers/partners (including visiting third-party sites on behalf of Cisco), attending trade events, and Cisco office entry, unless otherwise prohibited by applicable law, and in countries where COVID-19 vaccination is legally required. The company will consider legally required accommodations/exceptions for medical, religious, and other reasons as per the requirements of the role and in accordance with applicable law. Additional information will be provided to candidates about the requirements and accommodation process at the offer time based on region.