Software Engineer - GUI - Secure Workload
Area of InterestEngineer - Network
Technology InterestNetworking, Security
Who We Are
Cisco Secure Workload (a.k.a Cisco Tetration) is passionate about providing a security solution to protect customer workloads whether they are running in data centers, in the cloud, or a hybrid of both. Tetration gives customers a unified platform to supervise workload activity and identify the activity patterns to build Application Dependency Maps. Building upon this information, Tetration allows customers to enforce security policies as close to the workloads as possible, in order to achieve micro-segmentation and zero-trust security.
We are looking for highly motivated Software Engineers to join our Tetration Web Team. Tetration Web Team delivers fabulous, informative, and interactive user experience. We are responsible for ensuring Tetration’s flagship datacenter workload protection platform provides an effective and easy-to-use experience for security experts. We also provide tightly coordinated user experience to infuse features that improve Tetration capabilities from industry leading identity management, enterprise networking and big data warehousing services.
What You Will Do
As a Senior Engineer in the team, you will work on user interface, Microservices and Kubernetes based CI/CD pipelines that will help generate and distill practical insights from extremely large security oriented datasets. The experience you build will be integral part of our air-gapped on-prem appliance solutions as well as SaaS offerings.
You are an ideal candidate if you have a solid background in Linux, Networking and Systems development. But above all, you will succeed with us if you have a strong appetite to learn and a high sense of ownership and drive for quality.
Your day-to-day job will include
- Working with other team members to design and develop new features for the Tetration platform
- Understanding existing features and maintaining them in response to customer requests or bug reports
- Delivering high quality code with tests and documentation
- Writing and maintaining end-to-end tests for the features
- Presenting your work to teammates and training engineers to support the features you implement
- Reviewing code from other teammates
- Experience working with large single-page apps using frameworks such as React.js
- Experience working backend frameworks such as Ruby on Rails and Node.js
- Experience developing secure frontend applications
- Solid Understanding of CS fundamentals
- Must have at least 6+ years of experience in full stack web development
- Typically requires MSEE/CS combined with 5-7 years of related experience, or BSEE/CS combined with 7-10+ years related experience.
You are ahead if you have
- Consistent track record to simplify and decouple sophisticated product features into delightful user experience
- Excellent communications skills to collaborate with product managers, designers and engineers
- Self-motivated, hardworking and curious team capability multiplier
- High regards to test driven development and ensuring all production quality code is well-designed and tested
#WeAreCisco, where each person is outstanding, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!