Software Engineer - Frontend/HTML
Area of InterestEngineer - Software
Technology InterestCollaboration, Video
Who We Are
The Collaboration Technology Group transforms the connections between people and the information they need to share which is essential to better the business. We improve collaboration with technology that empowers people to engage and innovate -- anywhere, on any device.
Within the technology group we are focused on further transforming the technology by weaving in Adaptive Intelligence to be the information superhighway – connecting people, their work, and their physical world together through intelligence, personalization, relationships, and analytics to innovate, attract and retain talent, enable a global, mobile workforce, and engage customers in a more efficient way.
As part of the Voicea team acquired by Cisco in 2019, you will work closely with other motivated and hardworking engineers to deliver Voicea's industry-leading AI capabilities to millions of users world-wide.
Who You Are
- High energy with a ‘can-do’ attitude
- Great teammate in a high-performing environment
- You don’t take ‘no’ for an answer, and you are always curious and inquisitive
- You love to experiment and have no ego
- You are creative, empathetic, and keep up with the latest technologies
- You are data driven and organized
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Computer Science or Engineering
- 2+ years relevant software development experience
- Creating website layout/user interfaces by using HTML/CSS and SASS technologies with responsive and flexible UI
- Attention to details, fan of pixel perfect philosophy
- Experience in CSS stack (BEM, SCSS or LESS)
- Experience writing code using standard methodologies
- Familiarity with participating in the estimation process
- Work closely with frontend developers
- Experience maintaining, expanding and structuring existing web assets.
Would be great if you have
- Strong understanding of UI, cross-browser compatibility, general web functions and standards.
- Markup experience with Figma, Sketch, Invision, Photoshop, Zeplin or Avocode
- Experience utilizing website optimization tools
- Knowledge of Material Design principles and responsive design
- Experience with Git
- A strong interest in AI
We Are Cisco
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference. Here’s how we do it.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (30 years strong!) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. An AI/Machine Learning company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, we give our egos a break and we give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, we take bold steps, and we take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a commitment to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool.