Software Engineer | SDET| Katalon | Experience (5-8 Yrs)
Area of InterestEngineer - Software
Technology InterestSoftware Development, Testing
Who You'll Work With
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with frequent context switching supporting Prod and Non Prod environments.
- Need to handle technical communications with Product owners, Dev Leads to understand design requirements in framing the testcases.
- Interact with cross functional teams for integrations testing.
What You'll Do (Responsibilities of the job function)
- Experience in testing Rest API, web and mobile based applications that reference database back-end systems
- Expertise in developing scalable test automation frameworks and tools for testing front end and backend applications with reusable methods.
- Designing test cases for new features or product configurations to improve performance or meet design requirements
- Proven track record to deliver high-quality work on tight schedules in an timebound environment like SCRUM.
- Work closely with cross-functional teams, product teams, create and execute test plans and test cases, and deliver high quality releases covering functional and non-functional requirements.
- Responsible for coaching and mentoring less experienced team members and or acting as a domain specialist.
- Experience and good understanding of CI/CD pipelines, Jenkins, Azure/AWS.
- Well versed with SDLC, STLC & Agile Methodologies such as scrum framework.
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills including the ability to effectively communicate with internal and external teams.
- Estimates own testing tasks and works productively with minimum supervision while showing excellent team attitude.
- Identify opportunities for quality assurance improvements in our processes and solutions.
- Provide inputs on high-level test scenarios, risks, resource/ test estimates, etc., during test planning meetings.
- Reproduces, debugs, and isolates problems and verify fixes.
- Responsible for deploying the regular code updates across all the environments including QA/Staging.
Who You Are
- 5 + years of experience in Software Development and Quality Engineering.
- Experienced as Quality Engineer for highly scalable, distributed, and robust platforms.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong knowledge on Java/Python/Oops concepts
- Working experience in creating test scripts using frameworks (such as TestNG, Katalon, Cucumber) and technologies (such as Selenium, Appium)
- Mobile Automation (Native,Hybrid,Web) using any cloud service provider(Browserstack, Perfecto, Sauce Labs etc).
- Knowledge of Linux shell scripting
- Experience with AWS Services (EFS, EC2, ECS, S3, SES, RDS, DynamoDB, Kibana), Azure
- Knowledge of Database (MySQL, MSSQL) and Queries
- Good exposure in Jenkins setup, Jira, GitHub, MongoDB etc.
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!
When available, the salary range posted for this position reflects the projected hiring range for new hire salaries in U.S. locations. For non-sales roles, the hiring ranges reflect base salary and do not include bonuses, equity, or benefits. Hiring ranges for sales positions include base and incentive target, and do not include equity or benefits. Individual pay is determined by the candidate's hiring location and additional factors, including but not limited to skillset, experience, and relevant education, certifications or training. Applicants may not be eligible for the full salary range based on their U.S. hiring location. The recruiter can share more details about compensation for the role in your location during the hiring process.