Software Engineer -- Dev OPS / CI CD
Location:San Jose, California, US
Area of InterestEngineer - Network
What You'll Do :
As a Software Engineer, you will play a key role on a next-generation Service Provider Network Automation Infrastructure team, working in a startup like fast pace environment, developing Cisco's Software Defined Networking Infrastructure Software/Solution with high scalability, performance, openness/extensibility, and quality.
Who You'll Work With:
You will have an opportunity to get along with various development teams across Cisco and drive the development features from concepts to reality. Additional responsibilities include defining API's, working on code reviews, code merges, static analysis etc. Innovation, thinking creatively and meaningful the status quo are helpful.
You'll collaboration with multiple Cisco Technology Groups and working cross-functionally with Product and Program Management, Engineering teams, Quality Assurance Teams, etc.
Who You Are:
You're an excellent teammate, with a “can-do” attitude and are able to drive solution from product requirements, to meet or beat schedule requirements with good track records.
- You have BSEE/CS combined with 2-3 years related experience or MSEE/CS combined with 0-1 years of related experience
- You have in-depth working experience with Java and related J2EE technologies
- You are an authority coder and complete self-starter who can pick up new technologies with ease loves solving and designing complex systems
- Authoritative level understanding and hands-on experience with REST / JAX-RS Web Services using JSON
- You have strong Object-Oriented Analysis and Design concepts.
- Experience working with Junit and other unit testing and debugging tools for Java and Unix/Linux platform
- You have exposure to Web Containers like Tomcat and NoSQL databases.
- You are familiar with CICD tools like Git, Jenkins, and Gerrit.
- Familiarity with Networking concepts.
- Knowledge of Virtualization Technologies like OpenStack and/or VMWare
- Experience with massively scalable, distributed systems.
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!