Software Engineer - Data Center
Location:San Jose, California, US
Area of InterestEngineer - Software
Technology InterestCloud and Data Center, Networking
This is a role within Cisco's Intent Based Networking Group. Here, you will have the opportunity to work on developing the Nexus 9000 line of data center switches that features application awareness to make the network infrastructure flexible and agile for multi-layered response to application needs and virtual machine workload mobility.
Who you'll work with
You will work with a diverse group composed of the brightest problem solvers and thinkers in the Application Centric Infrastructure (ACI) Team that work on next generation of datacenter and cloud switches.
Who you are
You are a self-starter and have a passion to learn technologies. Your good interpersonal skills, critical thinking and problem solving capabilities coupled with your ability to stay focused while working under pressure make you a phenomenal fit for our team.
- Bachelors/Masters of Engineering in Computer Science/Electrical Engineering
- Strong C, C++, Python programming skills
- Knowledge in Layer 2 and Layer 3 Networking technologies, Access Control Lists & Quality of Service Paradigms * Background with one or more of following areas is a plus : Network Function Virtualization, Cloud technologies, Large Data Center Automation/Experience * Automate unit, functional and system testing
- 5+ years of related work experience is required
- Experience with SDK and P4 on networking ASICs
- Experience with High Availability & Fault Tolerance in Software related to Network Devices
- Experience in data center fabrics and corresponding technologies like VxLAN
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!