Software Engineer - Computer Security
Location:Tel Aviv-Yafo, Tel Aviv, Israel
Area of InterestEngineer - Software
Technology InterestCloud and Data Center, Networking, Security
Cisco Systems is offering an extraordinary opportunity to be part of a small, innovative team with a low process, high throughput culture, based out of our offices in central Tel Aviv. The team is working on Cisco Defense Orchestrator, which manages policy and configuration of Security Business Group's firewalls. We are looking for an energetic Software Engineer to contribute to the design and development efforts.
What you'll do
As an engineer at Cisco Defense Orchestrator, you will be working on one-week sprints in a fast paced team to deliver a slick, fast, and consistent security policy management experience across the entire gamut of Cisco devices to our customers. You will:
- Participate as a technical contributor on a fast paced team of engineers involved in the development of Cisco Defense Orchestrator;
- Contribute to all phases of software development from requirement gathering through implementation, testing and maintaining multiple code modules;
- Meet aggressive project goals and schedules;
- Create innovative solutions for complex technical problems.
Our EMEAR team is split between the UK and Israel, and you will be collaborating closely with engineers in the UK and Israel.
Who we are
Cisco Defense Orchestrator (https://www.getcdo.com) is a SaaS product deployed on the public cloud that enables Cisco security customers to manage their security policies simply, consistently, and effectively across their entire portfolio of firewalls and services.
Starting out in 2014 with zero lines of code as an Alpha project (Cisco-funded startup), we have moved fast, releasing new features to our customers every week and going from 0 to over 500 customers (including many household names).
Our product is built using a microservices architecture (with some monolithic components) written in Java and Node.js, and an intuitive UI built on Angular. Our core development team comprises multiple scrum teams split across the UK, Israel, and the United States. Our scrum teams have a great degree of autonomy, and are encouraged to come up with creative solutions to complex problems. We work on one-week sprints, with fully automated CI and release into facsimiles of production multiple times a day. We do not believe in silos — every developer is responsible for ensuring her or his feature is tested at every level (from end-to-end to unit tests), and we operate in a DevOps environment where developers with interest in learning to run large, scalable cloud services are responsible for deploying and managing our production environment on a rotational basis.
While we work hard, we do like to let our hair down together; with a spot of bowling, some fancy cocktails, or a good old fashioned pint down the local. While we often work to aggressive deadlines, we recognise the importance of a work/life balance and are supportive of fitting your work around your life rather than the other way round.
Who you are
Bachelor’s degree or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Electrical/Computer Engineering, Software Engineering or related a major.
Required Experience and Skills
- Track record of contribution to open source software project, successful appearances in hackathons or independently published applications (e.g. mobile apps);
- Algorithm design and analysis;
- Linux fundamentals, including understanding of the networking stack;
· Creative problem solving skills and excellent troubleshooting/debugging skills;
· Self-motivated and highly ambitious;
· Ability to manage multiple tasks and work towards long-term goals.
Desired Experience and Skills
- Experience with Test Driven Development — if a test doesn't exist, we believe the feature doesn't either;
- Experience writing automated tests using frameworks such as Protractor and Selenium;
- Proficiency in one or more scripting languages, such as Shell, Ruby, Perl or Python;
- Experience with web frameworks such as Angular, AngularJS, or React.
- Experience with DI frameworks such as Spring or Google Guice.
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren’t afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.
We are thought leaders, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.#WeAreCisco