Software Engineer - Cloud
Area of InterestWebex (Collaboration)
Technology InterestSoftware Development, Testing, Webex (Collaboration)
What You'll Do
Collaboration anywhere, anytime on any device is key. Webex is the answer- one easy to use and secure app to call, message, meet and get exceptional work done. You will be part of the team building extraordinary software features to enhance the Webex portfolio.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Design, develop, deploy and operate micro-services for the Cisco Collaboration Cloud.
- Collaborate across development teams, product management, QA and Operations to take features from requirements to production.
- React to team needs, multi-task, and deliver time critical tasks
Who You'll Work With
You will be part of a scrum team with a mission to deliver the experiences which will transform the workplace experience and you will regularly engage with customers to ensure your features hit the mark! Our product development team comprises of product management, user experience design and engineering and you will work seamlessly with colleagues from around the globe using the same ground-breaking collaboration technology that you help to build every single day. You will be mentored by industry leading specialists in building scalable high-performance platforms and services at cloud speed and you will bring your experience to help others grow too.
The Collaboration Group here in Galway is growing from strength to strength and you will be at the centre of a workplace culture that has been recognised as Ireland's #1 Great Place to Work in 2021.
Who You Are
- B.Sc. / B.Eng. /M.Sc. / M.Eng. or equivalents in the areas of Computer Science, Information Technology, or other equivalent fields, with an emphasis on software engineering and design.
- Excellence in Java programming strongly preferred, but we are open for other Object-Oriented programming languages.
- Experience with RESTful APIs, multi-threaded programming and event driven design.
- Experience with Spring Framework including Spring Boot.
- Very good skills in debugging software in complex environments.
- Experience developing microservices for Cloud-Based SaaS IAAS / PAAS applications.
- A growth mentality; we are Learn-it-Alls not Know-it-Alls.
- 2+ years' experience in a similar environment
These will be an advantage in the role
- Software Development and coding in one or more of C++, Node.js & Python for large-scale server side, real-time systems.
- Experience in Front End Web Development technology Angular.
- Strong knowledge of containerisation technologies such as Docker / Kubernetes.
- Strong test-driven development methodologies and test tool automation knowledge.
- Experience in applying machine learning and analytics technologies to create alerting and monitoring mechanisms and derive critical metrics for real-time highly available cloud-hosted applications.
At Cisco, each person brings their unique talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
We connect everything – people, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Smart Cities to your everyday devices.
We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Be you, with us! #WeAreCisco