Software Engineer (Cloud)
Location:Denver, Colorado, US
Area of InterestCollaboration
Compensation Range78100 USD - 132100 USD
Technology InterestCollaboration, Video
The Cisco Webex application team is looking for an ambitious self-starter who enjoys new challenges and wants to be part of a winning team. You will work on state of art microservice and supporting software in a fast pace and agile environment. You will participate in the entire product life cycle from requirement analysis to architecture and design; to code implementation and functional and performance testing; and completing with deployment and support. A well-built system provides the best collaboration platform experience to our world class customers. You will have chance to demonstrate your leadership quality in both technical and teamwork areas.
What You Will Do
- Develop new features and fix defects for our cloud services
- Deploy software across various environments
- Create and enhance deployment tooling
- Maintain quality and ensure responsiveness of applications
- Participate in the on-call rotations which support our services
Who You Are
- You thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment that requires a unique blend of innovation, risk taking and speed of execution.
- Have more than 5 years of proven development experience that focus on java-based server-side development
- Have hands-on knowledge on tools like Kibana and Grafana.
- Are proficient in Linux system software development
- Must demonstrate proficiency in multi-threading programming
- Have strong experience with maven, git, Spring, RESTful API design
- Must demonstrate strong communication, presentation, problem solving, and team collaboration skills
- Like to think out of box and employ innovative approaches on problems
- Must be able to work independently with minimum supervision
- Have BS/MS in computer science or equivalent
- Have experience in the popular open source data services such as Apache Cassandra, Redis, Kubernetes, Docker, Postgres, and/or Apache Kafka is a big plus
At Cisco, each person brings their unrivaled talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
- We connect everything – people, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
- We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Smart Cities to your everyday devices.
- We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
Colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Be you, with us! #WeAreCisco