Software Engineer Cloud Services
Location:Galway, Connacht, Ireland
Area of InterestEngineer - Software
Technology InterestCollaboration, Video
What You'll Do
Role & Responsibilities:
· Design, develop, deploy and operate microservices for the Cisco Collaboration Cloud
· Work in an Agile scrum team or DevOPs delivery team
· Feature development in Java, Python and/or C++ on Linux Platforms
· Work with the Product Owner, Architecture and User Experience teams
Who You'll Work With
To support and empower the modern workforce, Cisco's Collaboration Group is creating solutions to put "no compromise" collaboration into every room, on every desk, in every pocket and into every application. We are leveraging the cloud to help us move faster in delivering new innovations. The Collaboration Group here in Galway is growing. Our engineers are pioneers in cloud collaboration infrastructure, transforming collaboration and unified communications into high performance, scalable platforms and services that are the envy of our competitors.
Who You Are
· B.Sc. / B.Eng. /M.Sc. / M.Eng. or equivalents in the areas of Computer Science, Information Technology, or other equivalent disciplines, with an emphasis on software engineering and design.
· Proficiency with Java programming strongly preferred, but we are open for other Object Oriented programming languages
· Experience with RESTful APIs, multi-threaded programming and event driven design
· Proven skills in debugging software
· Ability to articulate ideas to both technical and non-technical audiences
· An ambitious, proactive (roll-up-your-sleeves type) individual who is a great team player
· Strong customer focus, ownership, urgency and drive
· 2+ years' experience in a similar environment
· Software Development and Coding in one or more of C++, Java & Python for large-scale server side, real-time systems
· Experience working in and building Cloud-Based SaaS IAAS / PAAS applications
· Strong knowledge of containerisation technologies such as Docker / Kubernetes
· Knowledge or interest in CI/CD
· Test-driven development methodologies and test tool automation knowledge
· A growth mindset, we are Learn-it-Alls not Know-it-Alls
At Cisco, each person brings their unique talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
We connect everything – people, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Smart Cities to your everyday devices.
We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
Colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Be you, with us! #WeAreCisco